Sending Passport for stamping

AGCLover

Registered Users (C)
Can anybody tell me if I can send a prepaid envelope for returning the passport ?
Within how much time I am suppose to land in canada after I get my visa and papers ?
Thanks
Neeraj

you will get ur passport within 15 days and u have to land before the visa expiry date.

Goo luck

Did you get your passport from CIC

Hi Sivak_c;

After how many days did you get your passport back from CIC?

Thanks for the info,

Hi!
Do you know how much time they give you for landing ?
(how long the visa will be valid)
thanks

One of my friends recived passports back exactly after 8 weeks. He had sent prepaid priroty mail envelope for return which they did not use and returned it alongwith the passports. They sent it via regular mail in their owm envelopes. I hope this will help.

I have sent my passports last week and am waiting....

Different times

I sent my passport too this week(19th Nov). Was your friend in the US?
8 weeks -meaning normal 8 weeks, not working 8 weeks, right.
Sivak_c reported that he/she got his passport in 12-14 days. Everybody gets a different response. I need my passport in 2nd week of December, I know it will be a closed race. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Yes, he is in US.
5 weeks were normal weeks.
He mailed on Sep27
Reched Buffalo on Sep 30th
He received passport back on Nov 19
As he was nervous about the delay, went to canadian cosulatefor inquiry, after a little fuss they checked the status for him, told him its been despatched. He came back home and found passports in his mail box same day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by AGCLover
Hi!
Do you know how much time they give you for landing ?
(how long the visa will be valid)
thanks

I would like to know also. How long is the VISa valid, I hope they give enought time (expirty of medical or passport whiever is earlier)

Visa expires exactly one year after your medical date. The Visa is for single entry only.
I sent my passports on 11/15/02 and received them back on 12/12/02.

The reason I got passports so quickly is that my medical was done on Jan 02,2001 and Visa would have expired on Jan 02,2003. They keep these things under consideration.

I am going to Canada on 12/22/02.

Anybody knows what all should I carry?

Feb2002Case,

if u r in US , going from US
1) take employment verification letter and recent paystubs and approvals of 797
2) Landing papers and passport

3) Also carry the Bank stament and little funds(2000$ min) in form of cashier/travel cheque(opt for casheire cheque need not pay much for transcation fee).Do not show them unless they asked u

4) Also take some recent pic (2 copies) for PR/maple card, incase if they insist to take picutrure. Usually they will take pic there itslef.
DONT FORGET TO APPLY PR CARD ONCE DONE WITH UR LANDING FORMALATIES
5) Also in a spread sheet write down what are they goods u intent to carry and also the cost of each item in US$ and CAN$
You can mention everything . Even if u intent buy any new items also you can write down in the sheet.
As per the customs officer ," what ever u owned at the time of landing u need not pay taxes, also eventhough if u dont carry that is upto u, things which are not there in the list have to pay taxes" So act smartl

Question email me

good luck and safe landing

Originally posted by Feb2002Case
Visa expires exactly one year after your medical date. The Visa is for single entry only.
I sent my passports on 11/15/02 and received them back on 12/12/02.

The reason I got passports so quickly is that my medical was done on Jan 02,2001 and Visa would have expired on Jan 02,2003. They keep these things under consideration.

I am going to Canada on 12/22/02.

Anybody knows what all should I carry?

I heard that it is bascially a visitor visa with "IMMIGRANT" written at the top and is valid for 1 month. Can you let me know?

Also do you mean to say that it can take much longer to return the passport?

No what he said is correct the VISA will expire in one year from medical( that means u have to land before ur visa expire peroid, whci will expire on ur first medical date)

good luck

Originally posted by canus_immi
No what he said is correct the VISA will expire in one year from medical( that means u have to land before ur visa expire peroid, whci will expire on ur first medical date)

good luck

What about if candiate has gone for 2nd medical because 1st one expired. I am assuming the date of expiry of the 2nd one will count.

canus_immi : Thanks for your inputs, I will prepare everything as per your suggestions.

mercury6 : As far as I understand there is no way they will grant 2nd medical. You will have to re-apply if first date expires. But ofcourse there could be a situation when date expires without any fault of yours and then your 2nd medical date should drive expiry date.

Originally posted by Feb2002Case
mercury6 : As far as I understand there is no way they will grant 2nd medical. You will have to re-apply if first date expires. But ofcourse there could be a situation when date expires without any fault of yours and then your 2nd medical date should drive expiry date.

Actually the first medical has already expired in August 2002 and my mother went for her 2nd medical in Sep 2002. Thats why I am thinking they coudnt possibley count 1st medcial expiry date as a reference point.

Originally posted by mercury6
What about if candiate has gone for 2nd medical because 1st one expired. I am assuming the date of expiry of the 2nd one will count.

offcourse second will be valid .. but sofar i never heard such cases
anyway ur fingers cross , wait and see

good luck