Selling Alcohol to Minor caused problem in Citizenship Interview

rahulgos1

I had my interview in Orlando Office, last week, everything went fine, IO asked me questions about my marriage, 2 kids and took the test, so far everything was fine. But in 2009 I was working for a C-Store and was caught selling alcohol to minor, it was a sting operation from County, in which almost 40 other people were caught. That was my first and last crime ever. I had my lawyer with me during interview, we both explained that I started working at that place 2 weeks before, showed him documents and mentioned that I was not arrested and put in jail, but the Police told me to appear in court. I went to court, pleaded NO CONTEST and paid the fine and got the letter of disposition saying that the case was closed. But still IO asked me to give him in written what happened that day and said mail to him in 2 weeks and he will keep the file open meantime and will let me know the answer.

I asked my lawyer, he said he had this kind of situations before, but never had any problems, unless if you have 2 or more arrest, than its different. But I am still waiting for the reply from IO, it was a second degree misdeamanor and they didt arrest me but gave a yellow paper stating the date i need to appear in court. I told the judge NO Contest and he asked me to pay the fines, i paid and the case is close.

Any suggestions you have please let me know, I filed thru my wife who is USC and we have 2 kids bothe are USC. I am still on GC.

You may not have been arrested and the case may be closed but were you convicted? Seems you were, you would have to see where such a crime falls under; moral turpitude, aggravated felony, etc. I am not sure if it falls under any of these, others can probably chime in on that.

.... it was a second degree misdeamanor and they didt arrest me but gave a yellow paper stating the date i need to appear in court. I told the judge NO Contest and he asked me to pay the fines, i paid and the case is close.

If this is your single conviction, it doesn't preclude you from establishing GMC (although it's up to IO's discretion).
Provide the IO with a written statement of accounts as requested, but don't go into unnecessary details. What you want is to make sure the letter clarifies that this was a one time incident and that you otherwise are good citizen.

selling alcohol to minor on f1 visa

i am an international student in f1 visa. i was caught selling alcohol to minor in dallas county. they took information like name and address from my drivers license. they did not give me any tickets but instead they gave me phone number(214) 670-4639‎) of lew sterrett county jail and said to check after two weeks for any warrants on my name. i don't know if that was the right procedure to treat for such misdemeanors. i have heard that when they catch such incident of selling alcohol to minors they are arrested immediately and taken into custody. if that is the right way can anyone tell me what should i do next. what options do i have to get rid of the case and if possible remove it from my records.

i am an international student in f1 visa. i was caught selling alcohol to minor in dallas county. they took information like name and address from my drivers license. they did not give me any tickets but instead they gave me phone number(214) 670-4639‎) of lew sterrett county jail and said to check after two weeks for any warrants on my name. i don't know if that was the right procedure to treat for such misdemeanors. i have heard that when they catch such incident of selling alcohol to minors they are arrested immediately and taken into custody. if that is the right way can anyone tell me what should i do next. what options do i have to get rid of the case and if possible remove it from my records.

1) Get a lawyer.
2) It will never be removed from your records for immigration purposes. But it is possible that they will drop the case without filing charges.
3) If you have additional questions, ask in the F1 visa section: http://forums.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?185-General-F-Visa-and-Related-Issues

i am an international student in f1 visa. i was caught selling alcohol to minor in dallas county..

Did it happen while you worked in a liquor store? If it is not a campus store, you may also violate immigration law
that ban F-1 students from work without USCIS authorization. Local police don't care about enforcing immigration
laws and they have no jurisdciction to do so. But eventually if teh crminal case caught attention of USCIS, USCIS
m,ay also ask you why you worked without a work permit. One thing can lead to another.

Are you citizen now

i had my interview in orlando office, last week, everything went fine, io asked me questions about my marriage, 2 kids and took the test, so far everything was fine. But in 2009 i was working for a c-store and was caught selling alcohol to minor, it was a sting operation from county, in which almost 40 other people were caught. That was my first and last crime ever. Am still on gc.

hey men
can you tell me what happen to you after that ,did oi contacted you ,are you citizen now ?
They accepted your application or they barred you for 5 yrs