Security clearance validity period - administrative processing

T61

Registered Users (C)
I wanted to find out how long the secutrity clearance is valid after a visa is issued. I had mine cleared last week of May 2008 for a B2 visa. I am not travelling on the B2 but now I want to apply for an L-1 and I am wondering if that will get stuck in security clearance also. I plan to apply for the L-1 within a couple of months.

I am a Pakistani and I also have a I-140 pending.

Does anyone have any experience with this.

I posted on the another thread a couple days agao buit I have had no replies.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=280320

Security Clearance

T61, It may be useful for you to check on FBI website. There is a name check programme page. According to that page identical requests for name check submitted within 120 days are returned immidiately with a "No Record" answer. However, you can read the whole page and then make your decision.

Would you please like to mention how much time it took for you to obtain security clearance.

Banner,

It took 356 days. Although I think that it was forgotten and was not actively pursued by the embassy. We started pursuing the embassy about 2 months ago to approve or deny the visa as they owed us an answer. They kept saying wait two weeks. The embassy had a phone number on their website and we kept calling every 2 weeks.

At one point the VO said that they had written three reminder letters to "One Agency in Washington" because my name had been cleared by all other agencies. My name was cleared one day after they said the third letter was sent.

They also said specifically that this has nothing to do with any arrest/convictions/traffic related offences that may or may not be on my record while I was previosuly in the US.

BTW, I also have an I-140 pending and got a signed but undated 214(b) form back with my submitted docs when they returned our passports. I simply do not understand how the B2 was approved (prayers maybe). The 214(b) form was never given to me in the visa interview.

Hope this helps. In my experience do not be afraid to pursue the embassy or consulate. They took almost $150 USD per application and $85 for further fingerprinting/namecheck clearance and and they owe you an answer. Do not forget to pray. It helps a lot.

Thanks a lot T61. I will be in contact with embassy.

Could you please tell me how common your name is. I have heard that duration of name check also depends upon the fact that how common a person's name is. More common the name, longer it takes to obtain clearance and vice versa.

I am not asking for your name just want to know whether it is a common name or not. May be you can describe it as Very Very Common, Very Common, Common , Not Common.

I would put it in the very cery common category for both last and first name.

Can't really say abouth the birth year.

Sent u pm.

My name check is pending for last two months. I also have a very common name.

According to information available on FBI website the only way name check can be expedited is if the requesting agency requests for an early clearance of a particular case. It seems that embassy used this option after you started calling them. I will also be calling them and will request for an expedited clearance by quoting the info from the said website.

Unfortunately when dealing with consulates/embassies, the applicants don't have much recourse. You may want to be on top of it and keep the pressure on of course in a reasonable way. The delays are typically more because of the lack of true integration among Govt. systems or simply scarce resources to do more and hence delay in just getting to your clearance request.
today 335 days are passed for my processing and i have got no reply yet ...:-(

help plz

im a us citizen .i applied for immigrant visafor my father last year.
yesterday dec 16 was his interview date.interview officer asked
him some questions at the end he congrats my father and gave him
a paper.and he said the paper i gave u tell u that ur visa application is temporary not approved .we need to do some further inquire.after 6 weeks
we contact u .when we contact u have to go lahore conculate and send us
ur passport through courier service and we will stamp ur passport.
i want to know how long it will take.my dad is 60 years old.and what this procees called
thanks