Security Checks and Interview

Soul_fh

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys:

Does a scheduled interview mean that all security checks on an application have been completed? Is this a prerequisite for an interview appointment?

Also, what are the neccessary documents, outside of the ones requested on the appointement letter that one needs to take to the interview. I cannot believe this interview is less than 4 weeks, should I study anything in-particular, are there any study tips or sites other than the BCIS one?

Thanks.

Soul_fh said:
Hey Guys:

Does a scheduled interview mean that all security checks on an application have been completed? Is this a prerequisite for an interview appointment?

NO.Some DO's(eg.Philadelphia) interview without namecheck being completed. Some dont (eg Vermont)
Soul_fh said:
Also, what are the neccessary documents, outside of the ones requested on the appointement letter that one needs to take to the interview.

ANYTHING you think may be useful. It does not hurt to be overprepared. I can suggest tax returns, reentry permits, expired passports.
Soul_fh said:
I cannot believe this interview is less than 4 weeks, should I study anything in-particular, are there any study tips or sites other than the BCIS one?
You should be fine if you master the ones on the BCIS Site. Google it to find more mock exams

Difference between name check and background check

I am just wondering what is the difference between name check and background (i.e., Security). Is it two different things? As I understand from this forum, name check is done with your name to see if it matches any name that is listed in FBI/CIA list of suspected terrosists or so. But then what else do they check when we say "background (security)" check?? Thanks a lot. :confused:

Interview Questions

Do you guys know if the interview questions are multiple choices similar to the ones on the USCIS website? or is it just a question answer session.

I want to be as prepared as possible for these guys. Thanks.

The questions are not multiple choice. I was asked to read questions aloud from a sheet of paper and say answers aloud. Interviewing officer could also ask you these questions her/himself and you woul need to answer then...