Second RFE for TN Visa

ferea

Hi,

My attorney applied for TN status with premium processing in mid of January 2016 and I got my first RFE in end of January 2016, asking for clarification of my role. Today, I got a second RFE.

I wasn't able to see any posts of having 2 RFE for TN-1 status, when it is the first TN I am applying for.

Wouldn't they have already denied my application instead of issuing multiple RFE, any idea?

Thanks,

Depends how poorly prepared your I-129 was, but they can ask for as many clarifications as they wish.
Looks like your firm wasted its money on this hack.

Thank you. I am waiting to see what they are asking for this time.

If they wanted to deny, wouldn't they have juts denied by now?

Obviously the lawyer prepared a lousy package, and they are trying to fix it. If it had been a good package, and you were not qualified, then they would have denied it. They proabaly can't even tell that yet!

If you are Cdn, I'd be prepping to go to the border.

I fall under Economist and my bachelor's is also in Economics from a Canadian University.
The job duties does meet that of an Economist based on the Occupational Handbook posted online; however, the job title doesn't say economist.

Yes, I am Canadian citizen.

I will see what the lawyer says as the firm hired them.

Meanwhile, am I able to visit the US for pleasure or does my I-129 need to be completed?

you can visit US.
But since there seemed to be some hurry to get this approved, I would be asking them to give you a border petition and get it right now, and -- very important -- cancel the I-129.