SCALE DOWN at LC Level and I-140 would be easy path

xde0037

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

This is from my experience. My wise attorney (thanks to them) advised me to \'play low\' while we were designing advertising and preparing for my LC filing in NJ. I have masters plus 5 years and I had a very strong recommendations from one of the Defense agency due to my unique skills so I was too upbeat for even NIW!! if not EB2 etc.. But the lawyer advised me and I reluctantly agreed to \'down play\' the LC and I-140 process. LC without RIR got approved in just about 24 months, and then luck got bad because company went into financial crisis. But due to good LC standings, I-140 got almost approved barring a couple remarks by the INS about financial documents etc.. So I guess this could be a good strategy to play a low key role at least up to I-140 filing. It perhaps helps because we try to create an humble, modest impression of a new immigrant and that I guess holds the key. So instead of inflating our candidacy, it is better to play a low key in order to avoid more delays, scrutiny etc..

I 100% agree with that. Here is my experiences.

I have a BS degree in pharmacy and MS in Indutsrial pharmacy from an accrediated pharmacy school in USA with 5 years experiences in pharmaceutical industry. But I downplayed (lawyer suggestion) in LC as EB3 in non-RIR categori in the moronic state of New York. I also got LC approval and I-140 is in way. So my recommendation is not to show yourself as big shot (EB2 or EB1). Those process will take more scrutiny and check by INS. Play low. Once you get green card, you will be equal to any US citizen candidate. My company already offered me managerial postion with a huge salary jump once I get the green card not to look for job in future. Just to keep a pharmacist working in a pharmaceutical company (which is a rare and most hard recruit for pharma manufacturer. Because in USA pharmacist work in Rite Aid not in manufacturing)

It\'s the requirements of the position not your credentials that are relevant

Very few positions require, as a minimum, a Masters degree and 5 years experience. A attorney with a Juris Doctorate does not qualify for an EB-2 if the position that is sponsoring the GC is a paralegal. There is no way that INS/DOL/SESA would believe that the minimum requirements for a paralegal position are a Juris Doctorate.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
http://www.geocities.com/jamesdmillsesq/

I totally disagree

NY SESA are still working on 03/98 for regular LC. If I could avoid the LC process all together by going EB1 or EB2-NIW, I just do not see the point of experiencing the LC pain for no reason. Especially in current economy condition, it is a huge rish to take by assuming that you can stick with the same employer in same position for close to ten years.