SC and PIO Card

adj48563

Registered Users (C)
Can I apply SC and pio card or OCI at the same time in houston? I have not got the Sc yet.
I am not sure about the fees too. I became UA citizen on April 9th 2010. I got the passport in July 2010. Since it is before May 31st, is it enough to pay $20?

Please help!!!

Thanks

Note: I applied for PIO card without SC and they returned my applcation asking me to apply for SC. They didnt tell me whether I can apply them together or not.

Of all the consulates, I think CGI Houston is the worst; the information provided on their site really sucks. Way deviant from other CGI's. I was told by a visa agent that the SC sent to Houston are in turn sent to DC and then sent back to Houston; this is the reason why SC's take a long time.

Nevertheless, I have applied for SC & PIO together for me & my wife about four weeks ago and no information from CGI Houston.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

howdy_howdy, Thanks. How much did you pay for SC $175 or $20? I got the citizn. in April 2010. So is it enough to pay $20? The houston site is not clear. I got my passport in July only as I didnt apply immediately.
Thanks again.

howdy_howdy, Thanks. How much did you pay for SC $175 or $20? I got the citizn. in April 2010. So is it enough to pay $20? The houston site is not clear. I got my passport in July only as I didnt apply immediately.
Thanks again.

Howdy_Howdy,
Just to clarify, was your Naturalization done after May-31-2010? If yes, the $175.00 fee appears to be valid..

As a general rule, after the SC/Renunciation Fiasco in May-2010, the fees structure was finalized as follows.

If you were Naturalized On or Before May-31-2010, Fee is $20.00 per applicant. You could have gotten your PP later, but a copy of your Nat Cert will prove your Citizenship date.
If you were Naturalized On or After June-01-2010, Fee is $175.00 per applicant

All consulates follow this rule and it must be the same in your region as well. You might want to check the Houston thread for OCI to get more feedback from users dealing with Houston around that time frame as well.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with GC4US. The fee is $20 if Nat. Cert shows oath date on or before May 31st 2010. As per as applying for Surr Cert along with OCI or PIO, It is better to apply together. I applied separately and my surr cert is not yet come and CGI Houston never ack my OCI application and now sending it back as I didnot have sur cert attached to it.