San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disturbing news related to 4 Yr degrees

Hi,

My friend’s labor got approved yesterday and he came know that he can’t file I485. Basically his lawyer told him that if your labor advertisement requires a graduate degree in computer then it should only be 4yr degree in computer only.

Now INS is not accepting any equivalent of 4yr degree. They will even not accept a 4 yr degree in other field like electronics or something like it.

My friend has a 3 yr degree + MCA (3 yr Master degree) and his lawyer is filling a new backup labor. His lawyer is filling just I-140 but she is not very optimistic about it.

My friend is in Florida.

Any idea about it or his lawyer is correct.

thanks

vsaxena said:
Hi,

My friend’s labor got approved yesterday and he came know that he can’t file I485. Basically his lawyer told him that if your labor advertisement requires a graduate degree in computer then it should only be 4yr degree in computer only.

Now INS is not accepting any equivalent of 4yr degree. They will even not accept a 4 yr degree in other field like electronics or something like it.

My friend has a 3 yr degree + MCA (3 yr Master degree) and his lawyer is filling a new backup labor. His lawyer is filling just I-140 but she is not very optimistic about it.

My friend is in Florida.

thanks

What does the Degree Requirement mentioned in LC ? If it says "4 Year Degree OR Equivalent" then just get an Education Evaluation of 3year B + 3 Year M is more then 4 Year US degree & it should be fine... Lawyer it not totally wrong & not 100% correct also.

His job requirement was 4 Yr graduate degree + X yr of experience.

He has 3 yr graduate degree + 3 yr Master.

As per lawyer, from now on as per new law/policy INS is insisting that it should be a 4 yr degree not the equivalent.

This is something new that INS is going to follow.

What do you think?

vsaxena said:
His job requirement was 4 Yr graduate degree + X yr of experience.

He has 3 yr graduate degree + 3 yr Master.

As per lawyer, from now on as per new law/policy INS is insisting that it should be a 4 yr degree not the equivalent.

This is something new that INS is going to follow.

What do you think?

INS will accept "Equivalent Degree" if it is mentioned in Labor Certificate otherwise its Gray Area

Just to add to that...I just cgecked FLC Data Center, and it is not complete for CA RIR cases even for Aug 7!!

I know of four cases with DOL RD 8/7/2003 which do not show up yet.

gp111 said:
Only Thing is this is not complete list for August 2003... My RD is 8/14 & same is with two of my co-workers & this list does not have anycases on 8/14...

Can someone please clarify that CA non-RIR cases with RD in Aug 2003 is being assessed at CA DOL??

While the RIR cases are in March 2003?

HA-1 said:
Hi gp111, this is what I have for August 2003:
Cases received in August (RO): total is 406
R-RO RIR nRIR Status
------- ------ ------- -------
8/01 0 4 4 CER
8/04 0 196 5 CER
8/05 0 1 CER
8/06 0 24 REC
8/07 5 6 REC
8/08 2 REC
8/12 1 W
8/15 1 CER
8/17 1 REC
8/18 62 REC
8/19 16 1 CER
8/21 3 3 CER
8/22 1 REC
8/25 80 8 CER
8/28 3 1 CER

Hope this information help for August cases. Sorry for any confusion.

HA-1.

August Cases??

I think a lot of cases for August need to be updated. I would be surprised there were only a handful of cases filed at the RO in one day. There should be atleast a significant number to make up the average of around a thousand cases a month.

worker_bee said:
Just to add to that...I just cgecked FLC Data Center, and it is not complete for CA RIR cases even for Aug 7!!

I know of four cases with DOL RD 8/7/2003 which do not show up yet.

3year Bsc + MCA equivalent to 4 year degree

Don't worry. Cases like you mentioned are being considered now.
Look at the link http://www.murthy.com/news/ukmurtak.html
Nirvan
vsaxena said:
Hi,

My friend is in Florida.

thanks

Can someone tell me how long does it take for a non-IT workers (Financial Services) to get LC under RIR or if being non-IT makes any difference? Thanks

I am a CPA (Financial Services) and I am stuck just like the others. There is no difference at all.

Good luck
burburlulu said:
Can someone tell me how long does it take for a non-IT workers (Financial Services) to get LC under RIR or if being non-IT makes any difference? Thanks

runaway73 said:
I am a CPA (Financial Services) and I am stuck just like the others. There is no difference at all.

Good luck

But are there any differences between EB2-RIR and EB3-RIR cases ? Are these cases handle in the exact same way and speed ?

Members,

We planning to create a new thread with the same name and renaming existing thread by appending "Old". We will keep old thread for a week (or more) and then move it in archive folder for your reference. We will also provide a link in new thread pointing to the old one. Old thread will be visible but you will not be able to post any messages(s).

We did same for Chicago Regional DOL center thread and posted important info. on very first page to guide new users. Check newly created thread at the following link to get an idea:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=143855

Drop me a PM or mail if you have any question/suggestion regarding proposed change(s).

Thanks in Advance
LC Forum Moderator

honkman said:
But are there any differences between EB2-RIR and EB3-RIR cases ? Are these cases handle in the exact same way and speed ?

There is not EB2 or 3 for Labor Certification.. EB comes in picture when you apply for I-140

Need explanation for August Cases..

gp111 said:
There is not EB2 or 3 for Labor Certification.. EB comes in picture when you apply for I-140

Hi gp111,
I re-check my list and FLCD data to find answer for Augest (and also Sep, Oct, NOv 2003) which has been certified within days!, I found these cases have DOT like : 999.251.xxx. I checked these code, it looks like EB2 jobs. so there is more than 1 line. Please do some reserch on this. I know that you will come by the right answer for us (like usual!).
Thank you,
HA-1.

burburlulu said:
All cases handel in same order regardles of IT or not. I checked many cases to prove this answer. Good luck!
HA-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.