1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

sample letter to congressman

Discussion in 'General I-485 and Related Issues' started by fkus, Jun 9, 2005.

1. fkus

fkus Registered Users (C)

Hello,My case has been transferred to local office for more than 7 month without an interview notice. Can anyone provide a sample letter to the congressman?
    Thanks a lot
  2. raveesh12

raveesh12 Registered Users (C)

Hope this will help..
    All the best.

Date: date

From
    Your name
    Address

To
    Congressman name
    Address

Dear Congressman name

I have applied for employment based Adjustment of Status (Green Card) in mm/yyyy for my self and also for my wife at Texas Service center. We gave our 1st fingerprints at local (name of the office ) Immigration office on mm/dd/yyyy . After that we haven’t received any communication from Texas Service Center.

On mm/dd/yyyy , TSC trasnferred our file to local office in (name of the office ). Again we gave our 2nd fingerprints at (name of the office ) on mm/dd/yyyy.

Recently USCIS web site is showing that they are processing employment based I-485 applications as of July 15 2004. Many times I tried to inquire about our cases and there was no reply from them. All of my friends who applied after me got their approvals.

Its been more than 3 yrs when we applied our I-485 and no decision so far. This is making our life very unstable and restless. Also I don’t have any attorney representation. If you could help us in this regard our family would be very grateful to you. The only hope we have is your help.

I am attaching I-485 receipt notices of my wife and myself also I am writing all my details below.

Thanks and regards,

Your name

Our Details about I-485 (employment based)
    Name Case Type SRC # Reciept Date at Texas Service Center Transfer Date to Jacksonville,Fl FP Date Current Approval Date on USCIS web site Remarks
    Your name I-485 SRC No 07/15/2004 Not approved even though our date is before 07/15/2004
    Spouse name I-485 SRC No 07/15/2004 Not approved even though our date is before 07/15/2004