Sample letter for affidavit in place of marriage certificate for Parents

dallasn400guy

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

Being a US Citizen, I am planning to apply for GC for my parents. My Parents are from India and we don't have a registration certification for their marriage. I understand that we need to get two affidavits signed by people who have participated in their marriage and that the affidavit should be signed in front of a magistrate/notary public. Does any one have a sample affidavit? Also, do I need to get any letter from any government authority in India stating that there is no record of their marriage? Since their marriage happened more than 40 years ago, I don't think we have their marriage invitiation. Is a Marriage invitation absolutely required? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dallas N400 Guy

I have not checked USCIS info thoroughly on marriage cert. Please follow whatever they say. Here additional info from immihelp.com

http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/marriage-certificate.html

In general, marriages can be registered anytime in India by following the instructions. My parents marriage was registerd and certificate was obtained 20 years after they got married however that still was several years before we started the GC/CP process for them. I have used that marriage cert alongwith I130 petition for my father.