RFI " Request for initial evidence " Green card.. please Help !!!

bbawkb

Hello everyone i have been reading through this forum all the time since day 1 i moved here.

I was granted asylum 1 year ago and came the time for me to apply for the green card, i did gather everything and applied for it last month, did my biometrics and everything, however, unfortunately they updated the status online saying that they sent me a mail for RFI " Request for initial evidence " i did not receive the letter yet so im not sure what are the reasons or what they are actually requesting.

But i am wondering have any of you guys experienced that ? what was it about ? how do you respond to an RFI ? do you need a lawyer ? IS it something bad or good ? And also please let me know if i can post the reason when i receive the letter and if you could help me replying to it ?

Please guys any input would be so helpful and much appreciated .

Thank you so much and god bless

When did you apply? What was the RFI about? Did you get your GC yet? I applied in sep 2014 and have not received anything after fingerprinting. Please let me know.

When did you apply? What was the RFI about? Did you get your GC yet? I applied in sep 2014 and have not received anything after fingerprinting. Please let me know.

Hello none11 i applied on last week of april 2015 received my biometrics on may 14th and then they issued an RFI on may 28th and i received it on June 8th i guess and mailed it back to them yesterday

RFI was about a question that i missed.. I didnt answer block C part 3 on the i-485 form.

I guess yours is taking a bit longer idk why.. Why dont you check the status online or call them and check

Also were you granted asylum ? Or you are applying for the GC through somethingg else ?

And nop i didnt im sure it will take a bit longer because of the RFI unless they decided to send me another one hopefully not fingers crossed!

I check my status online every day. Everyday it says fingerprinting fee was received. My case is like yours too. Asylum approved one year ago.

Hmmm thats weird what about you try finding a number and call them.
I mean from whats on the website it should take 4-6 months yours is way more!
You can either trying calling, mailing or just wait for the response! But if i were you i would contact them

What office you sent it to ? Texas ?

Well if its texas and they are working on october and you applied on september that would be weired because that means they skipped you

In fact i dont trust the online stats i never did .. They dont even update it

I would try finding a way to call them and see