RFE for I-693 - medical exam envelope delivered 2 weeks ago but USCIS online status still not updated

LuciDreamer

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted on this forum.

My mother has been waiting for her green card for over a year now. My I-130 got finally approved for her and she got an RFE for Form I-693 (medical exam form) early August to complete processing her I-485. Since we already had a sealed envelope ready since May and we just waited for an RFE - I mailed the package the same week and it was delivered August 7 as registered mail - Delivered, Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room TAMPA,FL 33634. The address for the RFE was for the USCIS Field office here in Tampa, FL. The sender of the package was me as the USPS postal person pulled my online account from the postal system and slapped the label on the envelope. I printed out the RFE letter and clipped it on top of the sealed medical envelope. I guess everything I did was right.

Today is August 21 and the online status still stays the same: Request for Initial Evidence Was Sent, On August 2, 2023, we sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number ######

Could it be any issue with the medical package misplaced or lost by immigration?

I was even thinking to add a small letter and a screenshot of the USPS delivery status and upload them into my mother's online USCIS account for her I-485?

Any suggestions, thoughts?

Thanks!

It took 3-4 weeks for USCIS to change the status online in our case (although it could vary depending on load and your FO), I wouldn't worry too much. If you are really worried that it was lost, you can deliver your to the RFE in person but USCIS would still take their own sweet time to update your case status online.

Still no updates after almost month the sealed Form I-693 was delivered to the field office. I really worry that it might have been lost or misplaced amongst heaps of other mail they get daily there at the office.
Should I just keep waiting for another week or more or upload a letter on my mother's online USCIS account with the proof of delivery and asking to search for a package? What other options do we have if there is no response and the deadline to submit the RFE is at hand?

Good news! Finally after over 6 weeks of waiting after the RFE and no online updates, my mom's green card was finally approved. Last Friday, the status changed to RFE received, application continued processing. After I checked it again this morning, the status changed to I-485 application approved!

Hi, may I ask when is mother’s receipt date? I’m still waiting for my husband’s RFE letter and taking so long. His receipt date is sept 6, 2022. We have the Form I-693 (medical exam) ready to go just waiting for the RFE