revoking green card?

askalwi

My husband has had a green card since 1991. He once applied for naturalization in 2001 but was denied because of acriminal record. His record was then expunged. We then moved abroad in 2004 due to issues in his family. He returned once in 2005 and at that time applied for and received a reentry permit which will soon expire in August 2007. Our current plans are to continue living abroad. Should he return occasionally or should he just stay and then deal with any issues when we do return? Is there any way they could revoke his green card? If so how hard would it be to get another given that he is married for nearly 17 to a US Citizen and has 5 children.???

You have a serious situation and need to see a lawyer. He is in jeopardy of losing his green card if he does not return in August and stay in the US.

My friend is married to USC. He's got a Green Card. He holds a PHD degree from the USA. He received a contract to teach in Saudi Arabia so he went with his wife and stayed there for few years.
Last year, they had a baby girl while in SA. They went to the American Consulate to add the baby as an american and they officers there told him to go back to the USA or his GC will be revoked. They said the idea behind having a GC is to live in the USA.
He has been entering the USA every 6 months during that period. Still, they said either he goes back in a month or his GC will revoked. He had to quit his job and come back to the US.
----
Applying for my Citizenship on 10/23/2007.