Returning to Canada but want to still work with company in US

Taciprian

I currently reside and work in the US on an H1-B visa. My visa will be expiring at the end of the year so my family and I will be returning back to Canada (BC). I would however like to remain and work with my US-based company (which only does business in the US) but live in Canada. My company is happy to continue to employ me with this arrangement as long as I am able to travel back on forth on a regular basis between BC and the US. What are my options?

Thank you

I currently reside and work in the US on an H1-B visa. My visa will be expiring at the end of the year so my family and I will be returning back to Canada (BC). I would however like to remain and work with my US-based company (which only does business in the US) but live in Canada. My company is happy to continue to employ me with this arrangement as long as I am able to travel back on forth on a regular basis between BC and the US. What are my options?

Thank you

If your employer is giving you what you want, you are all set then. What options do you want to know? Regarding traveling? Immigration status while in the US?
If yes, how often do you intend to travel?

I will be traveling often (every 1.5 weeks) so that is quite a lot. What I am wondering is if there is a problem to be working and doing business in the States considering my H1-B visa will be expired and since I am living in Canada? Do I need a new type of visa? Can I just travel back and forth with no hassles?

I will be traveling often (every 1.5 weeks) so that is quite a lot. What I am wondering is if there is a problem to be working and doing business in the States considering my H1-B visa will be expired and since I am living in Canada? Do I need a new type of visa? Can I just travel back and forth with no hassles?

-- You will need a TN or H1B if you plan on working in the US (even if you live in Canada). As long as you have that, you will have no issues. I hope by "doing business", you mean working for your US employer.

Depending on where you work in the US, you also might need to pay taxes to multiple entities. In any case, you would have to file 3 tax returns, though the total amount of taxes paid might be the same - Revenue Canada, IRS and the state in which you are considered an employee.