• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Reschedule interview?

stefanel

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My parents won the lottery and received an appointment letter for November 16 at the local consulate. The problem is that they are currently visiting us in US and will not be able to make it to the appointment. We are planning to call the embassy and ask for a reschedule. Any experience with this? What are the risks?

Thank you,
stefanel :confused:

No risk at all, just call them and they will give a new appointment date, but let them know the time your parents will be around, or better still make sure your parents are around for the second appointtee, know that VISA is available on first come first serve basis. good luck

its always better not to reschedule specially if your local consulate faces lot of DV cases as well as other immigration cases. They still have 15 days to go back and face the interview! Why do yuo want to take unnecessary delay? Actually it depends on local consulate some time they might get another appointment early.

Thank you for the replies and suggestion. We have just had a newborn in the family and my parent's help here is essential. Going back now will be really hard but we will have to see.

stefanel

It depends on the Country invloved and the local US Embassy. The important thing is to have it within the month concerned. So, if their number is current in November the interview should occur in November. Some Embassies don't reschedule at all, some do. Best to call and find out.

Barbara

email to embassy

some embassy will responed to a email you can try that to answer your question to change the appointment

Thank you again for the suggestions. We called the embassy and indicated that my parents will be back home (Eastern Europe) in January. They rescheduled for that time. We have also sent an email and have a confirmation reply that this was the case.

stefanel said:
Thank you again for the suggestions. We called the embassy and indicated that my parents will be back home (Eastern Europe) in January. They rescheduled for that time. We have also sent an email and have a confirmation reply that this was the case.]

I told you there is no risk, if you are not available for the first appointtee you can reschedule. Good luck to them.