Request for Initial Evidence for I-864

fairfox

Hi everyone

I recieved a yellow letter from USCIS regarding the I-864. I am the sponsor for my mom's green card applicaton.

I submitted the I-864 but made a mistake on the part 4 because I forgot to write down my name on sponsor's information.

The first part of yellow letter asked me to complete that part of the information and resubmit the form, which is understandable.

However, the second part of the letter says "Form I-864 was submitted from a joint sponsor, however the names listed on page 1 and page 3 are not the same. submit a completed and signed form I-864, from a joint sponsor, provide copies of the most recent Federal tax returns, all supporting tax documents (W-2s, 1099s, form 2555, and tax schedules, and evidence of their status as a US citizen".

I never submitted the I-864 form from a joint sponser, because my income alone is much higher than the required income for the household size calculated in the form. There is no reason to have a joint sponser. I was very confused about this part of the request.

What should I do for the second part of yellow letter? Ignore it and saying I didn't submit the form from a joint sponsor because my income alone already meet the requirement? or find a joint sponsor to submit I-864 form? ( I don't think it is necessacery) Contact USCIS to find out if it's their mistake (is there any tips on doing this? because I know it's pretty hard to get useful information from them over the phone, I had bad experience from the past)?

Thank you very much for your great help!!!