Removal of Conditions - Interview preparation, need help

David2011

I applied for removal of conditions on my marriage based GC, received the biometrics notice, went to me biometrics appt, then 30 days later my case was relocated to the local office and that office sent me an interview notice which comes up soon.
My first question is, why do I need an interview for removal of conditions?
Then, what all should we bring as evidence? We supplied all the evidence we had in the removal of conditions application...
What kind of questions should we expect to be asked?
Is there an interview prep questionaire we can refer to in order to get a good idea as to what we're in for?

Having not seen your documentary evidence this is only a guess.

Your documents were insufficient OR you meet a "red flag" or "profile" criteria. In either case, the interview is an opportunity to improve your case with credible testimony.

Weak documents---

Possible Question: Why did you file separate tax returns?

Possible reply: One of us is in default on student loans and we can't afford to have a joint refund grabbed to pay on the student loan right now.

OR

Possible suspicious age/race/ethnicity/cultural/socio-economic/educational difference(s)----RED FLAG ISSUE.

45 y/o female Chinese PhD marries 23 y/o white (possibly gay) male waiter AND----

Scenario #1: They live in different cities so that he can pursue his career opportunities.

vs.

Scenario #2 They live together and have a child or are currently expecting a child....

There are as many possibilities as there are applicants and Officers.

You do the math...... Does your situation add up?

1. What evidence did you supply? Maybe your evidence was weak...
2. Did you have any problems with your first interview?
3. Any issues since you recieved your conditional? (like temporary separation, using different address, criminal record or arrest, travelling abroad alone for extended periods, etc)

If your case is a random pick, you have nothing to worry about. Gather convincing evidence. If you have "red flags", you have a lot to worry about.
Consulting a lawyer would probably be a good thing. One that would be willing to accompany you to the interview.
Good luck...