Regarding police clearance, birthcerts, and 1040.

shiguma

Hello. Please, give me your proper advice. 1)I need a police clealrance from Italy where I have lived for 6 months for GC that we will file in Japan(only Japanese can do.) I do not know how and what I should collect for that, but I heard that I need 2 or 3 specific documents for PC. and 2) Do I need a police clearance form America, too although I have been living in Chicago for more than 1 year? 2) My husband was born in Canada, but has an American father, so he has 3 Canadian birth certs and one American one, does he need everything?3) He was working for Japanese goverment for 4 years, but did not keep receipts for 1040, can he obtain from IRS? I am so confused about these issues. Please, help me. Thank you very much

YOKO

Shiguma,
1. You will definitely need PCC from America. You can contact Japanese embassy in Washington D.C (or if they have many consular offices, then the relevant consular wing for Chicago area).
2. You can obtain copies of transcripts and forms of 1040 by calling IRS automated system. You can visit www.IRS.gov for customer service 1-800 number. It will guide you automatically. You can order by phone and they will post you the docs within 10 days.
3. Regarding birth certificates, I am not sure what procedure is followed by American consulates in Japan. You may have to do little research in their websites for clarity.

Thanks,
Puliraju

Japanese Embassy?

Puliraju,

Thank you very much for your quick responce! I learned that I needed to send some letters to FBI in order to obtain fingerprint cards, and some forms for a police clearanc from America, but is it correct? What can I ask for Japanese Embassy? Don' t I need to ask American Embassy? I am so confused. I am going to call NVC about this issue, but I am wondering if they respend willingly...
Thanks for 1040 advice. We will do that! Do you have any ideas for a police clearance from Italy? Thank you so much!
Shiguma

Birth Certificate/ PCC

Shiguma,

At the outset I want you to note that our comments and views
are partly based on our experience with consular posts in India.

So, even after getting the information here, there is definite need
for you to look up the website of your consulate ( the US consulate where you intend to go for your interview) to find any
additional information.

The requirement for birth certificate is simple and straightforward.
They require the original birth certificate from your place of birth.
In the absence of BC what they accept, will depend on the particular consulate.

Even the PCC requirements could be consulate specific, but this
is what we are doing.

For a PCC from our home country, we approach our country's
consulate here and apply. Since we are currently living in US
the PCC as given by our consulate ( India's ) is sufficient.

You have to check if this holds true to US consulate in Japan too.
If that is so, then approach the nearest Japanese Consulate and
apply.

Apart from this, they also require a PCC from any other country
where you have lived for one year or more. Again for this you
need to approach that country's consulate or embassy.

This is a bit confusing, but the best thing would be for you to
look up the website of the US Consulate in Japan.

Hope this helps.
Raju

PCC from Italy

Shiguma,

Did you ever figure out how to get PCC from Italy? I am in the same boat: I also need to get the police clearance certificate from Italian authorities.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shiguma,

According to the latest PCC rules, you only need a PCC from Italy if you stayed there for one year or more...

check the NVC website at : http://travel.state.gov/nvc3.html#pc

IF the applicant lived in a different country for more than 12 months
AND was 16 years or older at that time
THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from the police authorities of that locality.

Double check with your lawyer of course..

spulapak

If you need the police certificate from Italy (Certificato generale del casellario giudiziale e Certificato dei carichi pendenti) you can contact XXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
I edited your post (and will do the other) because it is a thinly veiled attempt at advertising a paid for service that is contrary to official instructions, contrary to common sense AND was addressed to posts a year old. Please don't continue with posts like that, otherwise I will assume your sole motivation is spam and will ban your account without further warning.

If anyone needs advice on obtaining a police certificate for Italy they need look no further than the DoS website which says....

Police Records
Available. The Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale is a certified national record of final court convictions and decisions regarding mental incompetency and bankruptcy or a statement that no such record exists (Nulla).The Certificato dei Carichi Pendenti is a certified record of pending criminal charges, or a statement that no such charges exist, from the office of the Procura della Repubblica in the applicant's place of residence. Both certificates are required from immigrant visa applicants residing in Italy.

Persons within Italy can obtain the Casellario Giudiziale by applying in person or by mail at any office of the Procura della Repubblica. The Carichi Pendenti must be obtained at the Procura della Repubblica in the area that the applicant resides. Such offices are located in all major cities and in many small cities and large towns. Those who apply in person must submit a written request, a photocopy of a photo ID and all fees; the certificates are usually provided the day of the request.

Persons outside of Italy can obtain the Casellario Giudiziale by writing to:

Ufficio del Casellario Giudiziale della Procura della Repubblica
Piazzale Clodio
00195 Rome (RM) Italia

Persons outside of Italy can obtain the Carichi Pendenti by writing to:

Procura della Repubblica presso il Tribunale di ROMA
Piazzale Clodio
00195 ROMA (RM) Italia

Those requesting the certificate by mail, whether from within or outside Italy, must submit a written request, a photocopy of a photo i.d., and all fees, along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope. Mail requests are normally processed within three working days. Information concerning fees and application procedures is available from any office of the Procura della Repubblica or online at http://www.giustizia.it.