Regarding adjustment of status for asylee and asylee derivative

Chitwan

Hi, everyone,
I got approved my asylum in November 2013 and then i have applied my wife who is here with me in united states in F1 status as asylee derivative and now she is in process. Hopefully, she will be approved in June/ july 2014.
My question is when i apply for my green card in November 2014, can we both apply together for green card or she has to wait one year from the date her derivative case will approved?
Note: we were married before I applied asylum and we were living together here in US.

Hi, everyone,
I got approved my asylum in November 2013 and then i have applied my wife who is here with me in united states in F1 status as asylee derivative and now she is in process. Hopefully, she will be approved in June/ july 2014.
My question is when i apply for my green card in November 2014, can we both apply together for green card or she has to wait one year from the date her derivative case will approved?
Note: we were married before I applied asylum and we were living together here in US.
Chitwan,
Have you heard any update regarding your wife derivative asylum status? I have a questions very similar to your question you posted above, so I wanted to hear from you any updates. My wife is on F1 and we got married before my asylum got approved. Also, my wife is not from my country where I come from and where I was prosecuted. So I was wondering if she also qualifies for a derivative asylum status even if she is not from my country.

Last edited: