Reg: Is it OK to hide bank account# few digits as regards to B2 Visa documents submission?

nraju210

I am sending bank statements/other docs thru FEDEX to Attorney for B2 visa applications, Attorney will send to USCIS once they review , usually I'll black out first few bank account# digits except last 4, while sending bank statements to anyone.

So Is it OK while applying B2 visa if i send the same to Attorney/USCIS, as I'm little bit concerned if i lose the Parcel thru FEDEX/USPS while sending..I had very bad experience with USPS earlier.

I know USCIS will have all my information including SSN#, DOB, They able to find all my info if needed,
So I just want to know if this will cause any issues torwards my B2 Visa approval?

Please can some one advice/guide me the proper way?

Thanks.

NR..

No you cannot hide any details. In any case, a bank account number is a useless piece of information to anyone. Everyone I have ever written a check to has it.

And how are you applying for a tourist visa in the US with USCIS? Aren't they supposed to be filed at the consulate in your native country? And why do you have an attorney for a tourist visa? It also seems that you live in America with bank accounts and all and why would you get a visitor visa?

Thanks for your reply..My attorney responded as that's not an issue..

And Yes, I'm Currently in US/working on H1 completing 6yrs by May 14,
So applying B2 visa to maintain the legal status after my H1 expiry for few days to get settle my personal commitments in US, also planning to visit my close relations before i leave US.

I'm applying visa thru Attorney, as i dont have any past experience on Visa filing, I think i can apply on my own.
but want go with Attorney to apply Visa in the professional way. Also same attorney did my h1's in the past with no issues.

Thanks for your reply..My attorney responded as that's not an issue..

And Yes, I'm Currently in US/working on H1 completing 6yrs by May 14,
So applying B2 visa to maintain the legal status after my H1 expiry for few days to get settle my personal commitments in US, also planning to visit my close relations before i leave US.

I'm applying visa thru Attorney, as i dont have any past experience on Visa filing, I think i can apply on my own.
but want go with Attorney to apply Visa in the professional way. Also same attorney did my h1's in the past with no issues.