refingerprinting question

akg123

Registered Users (C)
my interview is scheduled for end of sept. i received a letter from ins asking me to get refingerprinted mid-sept due to some reason(reason not stated in letter). I checked my fp status with FBI and they said the fingerprints were "readable".

then,
. what could be the reason for them to get me refingerprinted again?
. I presume l my interview will still take place but not sure about oath schedule?.

any similar experiences...

Fingerprints are valid for 15 months. If an application cannot be completed within 15 months, USCIS asks for re-fingerprinting. Although you don't have to pay again, but it is a hassel nonetheless. If your fingerprints were cleared the 1st time, you shouldn't have any problems the 2nd time around. FPs get cleared within a few days. Let us know the interview goes. Could you share your timeline and location? Thanks.

fingerprints were taken in april 04

and it is not 15 mnths yet...don't know why they asked me to get fingerprints retaken.,

i will post my interview experience end of this month,

timeline

n400 filed: feb 04
fp taken : apr 04

got interview notice on jun 04: appt on end sept 04
got fp reschedule notice on aug 31st 04 : appt on mid sept 04

place: new hampshire.
VSC.

Sometimes the fingerprints are not readable, or cannot be classified within the fingerprint reading system. This happens on a very small proportion of fingerprints submitted. Under such situations, FBI requests fingerprints for 2 or 3 times, before they clear it thru' some other mechanism.