Reentry permit right after first entry

mouneim

Hello everyone
I will make my first entry to the US soon, through DV lottery.
And i have few questions please:

1- can i apply for reentry permit the next day following my entry?

2- any examples of reason to provide or "familly obligations" can be accepted (i dont have any supporting documents"

3- shall i submit I-131 form for my 3 little kids and pay fees as well? (Age: 3Yo, 2Yo, and 2 months baby) ?

4- Finaly, if reentry permit not honored, can i make an absence of one year despite a very short initial stay of few days to one week only?
I am not planning to open bank account or get driver licence... Nothing, only applying for Social security and i will leave.
Is that may cause any issues when coming back to the US after 360 days?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
1. Yes
2. No problem. You don't need supporting documents
3. You all need one if you're going to be out for over a year. They won't need to pay the biometrics fee, though
4. For this sort of case (DV winner), it's highly unlikely your applications will be denied. If, however, they are, if you all return within a year, it will be fine since you will have a good reason, and are a new immigrant. You might want to get at least a State ID. Also, remember that you need to go to the biometrics appointment which will be 4-8 weeks after you apply. For that, you can either stay in the country, or leave and come back for it (though someone needs to check the post for you to let you know when the notice comes). Your spouse will also need to do this. If you stay in the country, you can apply for a State ID and/or open bank accounts.