Reentry permit questions

Bianca.

Hello,

I am a DV lottery winner (DV 2022) and I have a husband and a 1 yo son. We made our first entry in the USA on 9/15/22. We stayed there for a month then came back to our home country. We want to travel again in August (before the expiration of one year since our first entry) and apply for a reentry permit and I really need your help with the following questions:

1. Are reentry permits approved regardless of reason, or you need a really strong reason for it to be approved? Is something like "want to spend time close to my family" working? We have a business in our home country and this is the main reason we want to prolong our stay here. What supporting documents will they need in this case? I guess it would be easier to go with the family reason and avoid getting a lot of paperwork translated as evidence for the company.
2. Is is possible to view the status of the application online?
3. I've seen that the processing time is very high (15 months or over). During this time are we allowed to stay outside the USA without risking our LPR status? Or is it necessary to spend a minimum of 6 months/year there until we get approved?
4. We intend to stay for approximately 2 weeks and apply, fly back to our home country and get back for the biometrics when we have our appointment. Is this possible? Have anyone tried it and was ok? I've read that others had this idea, but the guide on the USCIS site states "If you leave the United States before you provide your biometrics, USCIS may deny your application." so I'm afraid the application could be denied. However we can't afford to stay there for 6 weeks or more (I've seen that that's the approximate time between the application and biometrics appointment).
5. Is it possible that we don't need to go for the biometrics, since they already have ours from last year?
6. I understand that the only way of applying is by sending an envelope. So how much does it take to be notified of the biometrics appointment. If we can fly back home, and then go at a later date for biometrics, I would like to know in advance, so I won't have to buy tickets on a short notice.

Any input/idea is much appreciated. Thank you in advance!