Recording available for May 9 Conference Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once I finish H1b 6 yrs, I plan to change my status to L2 and apply EAD. Can both H1b - L2 COS and EAD application happen together?
What is the minimum timeframe I can expect myself to be able to transition from work visa H1b to EAD with L2 so that I can start working with the same employer legally. I believe I can apply COS H1b to L2 even when I am on H1b last months but for EAD application, I will have to wait for L2 approval, and only then apply for it. Is that true?

If yes, how long EAD normally takes
Basically, I want to reduce the time on which I will be not legal to work (waiting for EAD)

Commuter Green Card

Hi,
I need your advice to move to the USA with my family (wife, older son and younger son).
1. I got my green card in 2007-September as principal applicant. At that time my wife and my older son names were included in my petition.

2. At that time I just got the commuter card because my stay was in Canada (Windsor). US consulate Montreal didn’t issue green card to my wife and my older son.

3. In 2009 (May) I have addition in my family, my younger son was born in Windsor (Canada).

Now, I want to move to US (Michigan) with my family. Please advise, how can I proceed. Any help is appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.