RECORDING available for download for Aug 13 Conference Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for your time.
My question is:

I applied for a J1 visa in May 2009 and at that time my wife was pregnant so we decided that we apply for visa for my wife and our kid later when she is born and gets her passport. I was issued the visa finally on 5th August. In the meantime, my daughter also got her passport. Now when I request the DS2019 forms for J2 dependents, the University says that they cannot issue new DS2019 from the SEVIS system, until I have entered the US. Is this true? I enter the US only after 2 months. Is there a solution that the DS2019 can be issued earlier?
Many thanks in advace,

repeatcell ...

Travel after green card appln

Hello Rajiv,

I am currently in the US and plan to travel to india and also sit for a visa interview for an h1b stamp in february 2010. My work authorization expires in Aug 2011.

Would you advise me to apply for a green card after coming back or can I apply before leaving US, this year itself ?

Since I have to sit for an interview can I be denied because I have applied for a green card ?

Finally if I am delayed due to security checks would it affect my application in any way ?

Thank you so much.
Sudat

Child born for GREEN card Holders in India

Rajiv,

Thanks for your great service. Could you please address the following questions

1.Does child get Greencard automatically when he/she born in India for Greencard holders.

2. When child born in US, I understand autoamatically he/she gets US citizenship,but is there any way she can posses indian citizenship,not to opt for US Citizenship.

3. What happens,if the child born in India when Parents maintain EAD/APstatus?

4. What happens,if the child born in India before Parents get Greencard.?

Question sent to me just now

Hi Monica,

I was just on hold with your receptionist and she told me to send you an email. My question is as follows:-

1. Me and my wife's H1b-H4B are valid till Aug 2011. We have our EAD's as well. I140 has been approved and priority date is Dec 2006. Category is EB3 and we are waiting for visa availibility just like other people. I also have Advance Parole
2. Question is in this situation, if I switch my jobs what do I need to do?
Also, for some reason if my new company pays me less salary by almost 30 to 35 grand per year will that be still ok with the immigration dept? I will have the same job profile however but looks like the pay scale is going to go down and the current company is not doing good as well. Also, if I move to another company do I need to switch over my H1 as well or EAD is just fine.

Thanks,

Rajiv

Opt Expiring

Hi Rajeev,

I graduated in Aug 2008.My 12 month Opt is expiring on Sept 8 2009. I havent got a job till now and I havent joined any consultancy.my questions are..
1)Can I still apply for 17 month OPT extension?
If so How?
2)I am planning to do my Ph.D..If I get job during my Ph.D. what status will I be in?Will that effect my status in the future once I am done with my Ph.D.?
3)If I can apply for OPT extension how do I go about it?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.