1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording available for Dec 6 Conference Call

Discussion in 'Free Conference Call For US Immigration Questions' started by monica1, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monica1

    monica1 Administrator Staff Member

    Recording available for Dec 6 Conference Call.

    http://www.immigration.com/community-conference-calls-recordings

    NEXT CALL INFO

    Conference Dial-in: 1-712-432-3066
    Conference Code: 531023
    Topic: General Immigration Related Questions
    Start Time: 12:30PM, EST
    End Time: 1:30 PM, EST
    NEXT CALL DATE: Jan 3, 2012

    -----------------------------------------------------
    NOTE: This call does not mean that we have agreed to represent you or that there is an attorney-client relationship between us. This is merely a community service. You should discuss the specifics of your case with the attorney representing you.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
  2. aagar2003

    aagar2003 Registered Users (C)

    Holding Multiple Visas (F-2 and H1-B) at a time - Revisited

    Last time, I posted some queries for my travel to USA when I am holding multiple visas (f2 and h1b). I need to clarify one more time.

    Situation:
    My H1B was applied in middle of this year and approval was obtained in Aug'12.
    My visa stamping request was initiated in Oct'12 but was stamped in early Nov'12 (because there is a consierable backlog at embassy/consulate).
    It is early Dec'12 now (3+ months since approval, 1+ month since stamping).
    You mentioned that if the H1B visa was stamped, I should travel immediately and travel cannot be delayed because there was a need for which visa was stamped.

    I don't think that is possible since I might have cancelled my travel plans after stamping due to some personal emergency in India. If the company has sponsored stamping, they would have really flown me to USA immediately after stamping.
    If I had to work in USA, I can enter on H1B rather than USCIS denies me entry on F-2 saying I have intentions of working and then I will work in USA. Correct?
    If I really had intentions of working on my own etc, I could have flown after receiving the visa approval 3+ months back. Correct?
    Based on all the above, I don't think I intend to work on F-2.

    How do I make my intentions clear that I am not entering for work right now and taking a leave from office work for 2/3 months. After which, if there is an opportunity, company will take care of visa related items. My base location is in India only and will come to India before I travel on working visa as per the company policies.

    Or else is there a cooling-off period that is preferred after visa stamping for me to travel on F-2 visa?
     
  3. udathax

    udathax New Member

    Parents greencard sponsoring

    Sir,
    my daughter sponsored for our green card while we are in usa on visiting visa.
    Applied for i 485 ead, ap, i 130 in septmeber 2012
    by november ending we received our ead, ap.
    Now father want to leave to india on urgent work
    if we receive interview after leaving to india what we have to do
    whether we return immediately to attned interview
    or is it possible to re shedule the interivew
    are there any risks if interview is resheduled.
    We live in san jose california
    can we get interview by january 2013
    please help me whether i should go to india or should i stay in usa till the interview part is completed.
    Please help ;sir
    thanking you
    udathax
     
  4. joyceb

    joyceb New Member

    come back to US

    My fiance was moved to the US from trinidad when he was 9 yrs old and had been a green card holder. He got in some trouble from 1989-1999 and served his time for drug charges. He went back to trinidad to his niece wedding and upon return back to the us Mia airport he was held by immigration. Stated that he had been in trouble with a green card. upon that he was sent over to krome detention center awaiting a judge had been ther 3 months and did not see a judge he begin asking questions to people there on how long it takes to go before a judge and was told it could up to a year. So he asked can he voluntary be deported back to his country so he can be free. He has been there 9 yrs now and has been working ever since he retuned and have not been in any trouble. He wants to come back to the US and we don't know where we need to start, can you please assist? Thank You
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
  5. rajeshsr

    rajeshsr New Member

    Multiple H1B

    Hello Rajesh Sir -

    I am currently in India and there are two companies who are ready to file for my H1b in Apr 2013.

    Please advice!

    1) Can both the companies file for my fresh H1B at the same time? Are these both cap counted or one will be cap exempted?

    2) Do I need to mention in either of the companies that the other company is also filing for my H1?

    3) Suppose Company A files for H1b first and then when Company B files for H1, does company B needs to provide any document to USCIS that there is already a pending petition for me.

    4) Please can you tell me with your experience if submitting these two H1b petitions together can negatively impact decision for either petition.

    Regards
    Rajesh
     
  6. glenda-matute

    glenda-matute New Member

    legalization

    I am a permanent recident , I became legal through VAWA from my previous marriage. I am in a new relationship and my boyfriend and I been together for five years now, have two daughters , we reside in N.C. and he is no legal here. Is there a posibility that I can help him become legal and obtain a permit to work or either obtain his permanent residency. I am in the process of applying for US Citizenship.
    thank you
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
  7. intstu

    intstu Registered Users (C)

    B2(Visitor) Status Extension for 3 months

    Dear Rajiv,

    I want to extend my mother's B2 visitor status for 3 months from FEB 13 TO MAY 2013.

    REASON: post maternity help.

    we were blessed with a baby in sep 2012. My mother came to states in Aug 2012, just before the baby was born. and she was given 6 months I-94 as usual, which is expiring in FEB 2013.

    Now we want my mother to stay for another 3 months after FEB 2013 as my wife is not able to care the baby properly as she is little weak post maternity and also its our first baby so she doesn't have much experience.

    STATUS: I am on H1B and wife is on H4. My mother has b2 visitor visa since 2008, and this is her second visit after 2008.

    QUESTION:
    1. is it possible to get an extension for my mother's B2 under this reason(Criteria: post maternity help)?
    2. when should I apply for this extension if the criteria seems valid?
    3. what if we didn't get decision (approve or denial)on or before the date of extension we requested?
    4. In case we get denial for extension, Will she be out of status and can face problem while coming back to states in future?

    Thank You
    R. Sunder
     
  8. vellabadu

    vellabadu Registered Users (C)

    Dear Rajiv,

    My parents and grand father are visiting us from India. I want to extend their stay for another 6 months. Can you please let me know if I can file all three of them in one application (e-file or mailing the application). As far as I know I can't file all three of them in one application (at least for e-file). I have to file my parents separately and grand father separately. My confusion is what if my parents get the extension and my grand father didn't get it? Since we are buying a new house, I would love them to stay until we move into the new house. Since they are old, they can't travel again to USA. My grand father is 87 years and I don't think he can travel again.

    Please advise.
     
  9. tarakbharani

    tarakbharani New Member

    H-1B/Green Card

    Hi Rajiv,
    I am a Biomedical Engineer and currently work for a Medical Equipment company. I am in my 6th year of my H-1B. I have my I-140 approved as well.

    I have a better offer from a biomedical start up company, but the company is only 3 months old. They are ready to do my H-1B and Green Card.
    However, they only have 2 employees. They do have decent capital to sponsor my H-1B and show enough start up capital for my Labor Process.

    My questions are:

    1) Are there any restrictions on Start Up Companies hiring H-1B's/Sponsoring GC's right away?
    2) Do they need to have certain amount of capital to sponsor H-1B/Green Card? If yes, how much?
    3) What are the challenges faced by the companies on sponsorship?
    4) Any other rules I need to be aware of when I talk with the Start Up Company?

    Thanks,
    T
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page