• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Recap/Index of my blog posts so far...

Thanx for sharing @Britsimon
I know we've talked about this before,but i just can't get that out of my head,i need to make sure of the requirement of the American embassy in Egypt about my educational eligibility,but i looked everywhere for an answer with no luck, as i've mentioned before my high school certificate is a 7 subjects in IGCSE followed by bachelor degree in dentistry, you've already told me that its simply not qualifying but again it varies according to the CO.
So my Question is do you have any idea of similar case that has been interviewed in Cario,and if they would skip the high schoo certificate and just settle for the Bachelor degree?

Just wanted to echo usa_2016's sentiments - many thanks for putting it all together Simon, lots of useful information! (I immediately thought of how to get a driver's license when I clicked on your link and hey presto!, there it was... quite comprehensive).

Last edited:
Thanx for sharing @Britsimon
I know we've talked about this before,but i just can't get that out of my head,i need to make sure of the requirement of the American embassy in Egypt about my educational eligibility,but i looked everywhere for an answer with no luck, as i've mentioned before my high school certificate is a 7 subjects in IGCSE followed by bachelor degree in dentistry, you've already told me that its simply not qualifying but again it varies according to the CO.
So my Question is do you have any idea of similar case that has been interviewed in Cario,and if they would skip the high schoo certificate and just settle for the Bachelor degree?

I reviewed the cases for Cairo - they are one of the busiest Embassies and there is some good news anout this.

They issued 3993 visas at Cairo (not all Egyptians of course). They only refused 121 people, plus left a few more on AP! Cairo has to be about the best place to interview - and despite the technical merits of your case, I would be VERY surprised if you were not approved there! I think you will be fine! :)

I reviewed the cases for Cairo - they are one of the busiest Embassies and there is some good news anout this.

They issued 3993 visas at Cairo (not all Egyptians of course). They only refused 121 people, plus left a few more on AP! Cairo has to be about the best place to interview - and despite the technical merits of your case, I would be VERY surprised if you were not approved there! I think you will be fine! :)
Oh god you don't know how much that was relieving, lol
Thanx a lot @Britsimon