Ready to submit N400. Staple or not?

vvrok

Registered Users (C)
Ok, today is the day. I am ready to submit N-400. Doing a final review. Question: should I staple all 10 pages + GC copy + traffic ticket info + $310 check + photos (in a cover) + whatever together or should I just use paper clips (binder clips)? Does it make a difference? (I am thinking it could make a difference, especially if an officer handling applications is not careful in which case some pages might be lost/misplaced.) What do lawyers usually do?

Any other advises on filing?

(Some people might think I am paranoid, but I am just trying to do everything I can to reduce chances of my application being delayed or misplaced.)

Hmmm, two for clips, zero for stapling... Maybe I should reconsider? Anybody stapled their applications?

From the USCIS website.

N-400
Fee payment
Form N-400 with two photos attached
Form G-28, if applicable
Copy of front and back of I-551 (Permanent Resident) card
Other evidence
Supporting documentation

and they request the applicants to use the ACCO fastners.

vvrok

I believe another name for those would be binder clips.

From USCIS website.

In preparing your packet, please take note of the following:

Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required (Forms I-94, Labor certifications, etc). Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible.

Fee clarification

vvrok, did you make a single check of 310$ or different checks of 260 and 50 ?

God save teh earth!!!

I simply cannot believe that people ask questions about staples and paperclips... in tis forum that is for experiences, recommendations and thoughts...:eek:

back off guys... post your experiences, questions but please do not staple or stick or paperclip your " highest level of naivity" questions her!!!:confused:

Well,

The question seems pretty ameteurish but I dont blame the people that ask it. Paranoia is automatic when dealing with the USCIS formerly BCIS formerly INS formerly & presently & for the near future Incompetent!

Re: God save teh earth!!!

Originally posted by bulbul-dude
I simply cannot believe that people ask questions about staples and paperclips... in tis forum that is for experiences, recommendations and thoughts...:eek:

back off guys... post your experiences, questions but please do not staple or stick or paperclip your " highest level of naivity" questions her!!!:confused:

Bul(2) dude

When you ask questions like - I forgot to attach this paper and I am feeling like dying, what to do? - Is that OK? Anyone who asks any other thing is bad?

Do not be too harsh bulbul. It can happen to you one day. Remember the saying - What you give to the world always comes back with double the force - LOL. I learned it the hard way. Why is it bad to ask if stapling is good or not? Some people like the credit card guys always say - PLEASE do not staple the check to your payment coupon because they process it electronically.

INS could be doing the same and if not stapled they can even misplace the check. So I would say it is an OK question if not naive. Nothing bad about it.

BTW how is your case coming along?

There are no foolish questions and no man becomes a fool until he stopped asking them :)
--- Anonymous

I have used paper clips

Last edited by a moderator: