Re-enty permit after absence of one year

Correct. I agree. But, the problem is still that the OP has to bring his kids for the biometrics appointment. And having looked over the application, I see nothing that says they want photos for anyone for the RP. Maybe this is only for AP.

Lol still confused. When i send off my REP form, do i need to attach 2 photos or will they take them at the appointment? Secondly, how do i pay for the permit? at the time of the appointment by cash? or can i pay online through the USCIS site [like with the new immigrant fee].

Lol still confused. When i send off my REP form, do i need to attach 2 photos or will they take them at the appointment? Secondly, how do i pay for the permit? at the time of the appointment by cash? or can i pay online through the USCIS site [like with the new immigrant fee].

1- yes you must send two photos attached to the form and the required documents.
2- you must attach the payment to the package (form,photos,docs..etc) and send the envolop by mail.
The payment can be either a cheque if you have an US bank account or a Money order (available at moneygram outlets as an example). Check i131 instruction from uscis website for more details.

Thanks guys, you're a great help. Mouneim it looks like your biometrics appointment was 6 weeks after you applied, that is a worry in my situation as i'm on a tight schedule. I wonder if its a quicker process in certain states.? I plan for the Biometrics in Los Angeles.

Out of interest, can you track your application on the USCIS website? [so you can see when they receive your application and receipt for payment]. This is a dumb question, but do you fill the form printed out and hand written in blank ink, or typing on the form and printing it out, or it doesn't matter?

I sent the express mail on 8th march, recieved the day after..appointment was on 13 april..but i did an early walk in to ASC on 7th, they asked me why coming early? I replied that i have some urgent matters in my country and i already booked tickets on 10th..i shown them the air ticket...and it's done in Boston.
You can check status on
https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do
But dont lean much on it...updated communications will be shared by regular mail.
Form should be filled in computer (typing) because it generates a barcode on the buttom of the page wich simplifies the task for the uscis operators (they scan the barcode for data entry)
Dont forget to sign on the form after printing.

Can you share the steps that you take?

So you won the DV lottery. To complete the process, you entered the USA 1st time on March 2015. Stayed for a week, applied SSN and you got the physical GC.

Then you re-entered the USA again March 2016 (with your family members).

This time is to get the re-entry permit right? So you have to wait until you get called for the biometrics (and your kids for the photograph). Then you left the USA again. The gap between your application and then call for biometrics is just 1 month for the Reentry permit right?

Am i understanding that correctly?