Re-entry permit timeline inquiry

Babluma - What lockbox? What does your case number begin with?

Hanna7 - Does your case number start with LIN. I mean does the lockbox send your case to the respective service center?

I am not very familiar with lockboxes. I sent my application to Nebraska Service Center, if that is pertinent..

I have one, maybe, stupid question. Can you be turned away at POE if you never worked in USA ?

If it is not an employment-based green card, there is no requirement to ever work in the USA.

But working outside the US for a non-US company could result in a problem at the POE.

If it is not an employment-based green card, there is no requirement to ever work in the USA.

But working outside the US for a non-US company could result in a problem at the POE.

Hopefully my GC is not employment-based. I never had a real job, because I'm still student. And now I'm gonna leave for some time for study reason. So the upcoming years I'll probably not file any tax return. This is what was concerning me.

I still get enough money to live directly from school and some close family friends abroad.

Dear everyone,

Here is my case:
- 5/10 sent the application for applying the re entry permit to Phoenix lock box
- 5/21 INS cash the check
- Until now: no Notice of Action, no Notice of Finger print :-(

does anyone in this forum apply for re entry permit around this time with Phoenix lock box. if u did, what's going on with your application?
My question for someone has experience for this, does the Notice of Action and Notice of Finger print come at the same time in one envelope or they come with separate mails? And how long does it take for the finger print appointment since the time you received the Notice of Finger Print?

thank you very much

I applied on 5/17 and have not received receipt or biometrics. The online case status says they mailed the receipt on may 28. based on some of the earlier posts it seems receipt and biometric arrive about 1 week part.

How could you check the status online without the receipt #? It's been 24 days since the date sending the applycation but I haven't received anything from INS except the deduction of $385 in my bank account. I've read some threads from this forum saying that we can find the receved # on the copy of the check, I've tried to find out that # but it seems all those # are not the one I need. Is anyone here have this experience to share? thanks

I submitted form G-1145 along with my application, so I got the receipt number by email and SMS. I paid by money order so I do not know where the receipt number is located on the check but it seems that it is located on the backside of the check.

My REP application details:

USPS delivered application on May 6 to Phoenix LockBox
Receipt Received on May 22
Fingerprint Appointment Notice ????

My case update:
- 5/10 sent the application for applying the re entry permit to Phoenix lock box
- Receive notice 6/3 (5/24 stamped on envelope, take 9 days mail delivery)
- Finger print notice : waiting

My case update:
- Receive notice 6/3 (5/24 stamped on envelope, take 9 days mail delivery)
- Finger print notice : waiting

Any update? Please. None in my case.

same here, it's been 30 days but still no finger print notice. My departure dates is comming closer, just 2 weeks ahead. Should I change the date for 2 weeks later?

The online case status said:

" On May 21, 2010, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Your case is being processed at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

What notice did they send me? was it finger print notice or notice of action? if it was actually the finger print notice then where is it ? was it lost ? how's your online case status say?