Re-entry permit timeline inquiry

I have already some plans for this week and USCIS is not available on weekends. So I'm going to walk-in in different location earlier and talk to them.

However I don't know what am I gonna do if they refuse me there. Original ASC center will be approximately 600 miles away.

it's pretty emergency for me now.

Or another possibility for me is to walk-in to original place 4 weeks after scheduled appointment.

Anybody has experience?

Sharing experience with walk-in today.

So I finally was able to walk-in in Denver ASC office. Altough I had to please them a lot, they allowed me in and took my fingerprints and photo. I hope, that my fingerprints was good, beucase they said that I have bad ones :)

Do you think I need to know the previous office about my walk-in in Denver ?

I am new to this forum and curious to know if any one in the same boat or any suggestions. I applied for I-131 reentry permit on April 5th 2010 and received the receipt notice on April 19th. I have not received the biometrics appointment yet. I filed from NJ and application was sent to Lincoln, Nebraska. My closest ASC location is Elizebath, NJ. How long does it take to receive the biometric appoinment.

1) What is going to happen next? Am I going to receive my RE-ENTRY permit or some other denial/approval notice prior to RE-ENTRY permit?

2) What should the case status on USCIS website say. Mine says only "Acceptance" after my biometrics appointment. Is that OK ?

The next stage, if your RP is approved, is receiving the RP :) If they update the status online, it should say DOCUMENT ORDERED or something.

oh yeah, gotcha ... but just for curiosity, I'm talking also about the USCIS update check where you have several stages through which you should go until approved.

Mine status is still in "Acceptance" however it should be punctually in "Initial review" or sth. But maybe it is because the system is new, or at least I hope that it's OK :)

I am finally back after 3 years of being away from this forum. This is an interesting thread and I thought could put in my I-131 details in here.

Priority Mail Application Sent on 05/17/2010. I sent a money order so I don't know if the check cashed or not. I have about 2 months before I leave. I plan to change address on the application after my biometrics are done.

My wife's application for I-131 will be mailed end of this week. For her application, I plan to mail check and also order the RP at Mumbai consulate. Does anyone know if that approach takes longer than ordering RPs locally and if yes how long?

It seems like it took 23 days for Hannah7 to get a Receipt and 14 days for user7715 to get receipt notices. How many days after the rceipt notices did you guys get the biometrics notices?

It took 31 days to get the biometric appointment. Then after 2 days I could make an early walk-in in different ASC center and still hoping that it worked out.

Thanks for the response. And the date on the biometric appointment was how many days out?

Did you send this to Phoenix or Dallas lockbox?

It was just about a week later from the biometrics notice delivery, however I was going very far away from my initial ASC.

I sent it to Phoenix. This depends on where you live, see the instructions for I-131.

By the time when the permit is approved, I can be already abroad, so I let it send to an overseas embassy where it can wait for me.

I applied for re-entry permit on April 22nd, got the receipt on May 13th, and the biometrics notice on May 24th. The problem is that the appointment was on May 24th (USCIS Alexandria ASC, VA)! The envelope is postmarked May 20th. I am currently in Canada and was planning to travel for biometrics appointment (I thought they would give the appointment for at least a few weeks away) and now I am very confused. I already called USCIS and asked what I should do. They told me to reschedule and send a letter explaining the situation, which I did.
I am worried that the case might be considered abandoned. Is there a way to prevent this? Over the phone, they seemed to think as long as I reschedule, I should be OK. Is there any other suggestions? I tried to find the phone number of the ASC, but alas...

thanks
H

Babluma - What lockbox? What does your case number begin with?

Hanna7 - Does your case number start with LIN. I mean does the lockbox send your case to the respective service center?