• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Re-entry permit: successful & denied experiences

dv17abc

Hi, can people with re-entry permit experience, especially DV winners, please help with my questions?

Background: DV winner, already made activation trip last month, circumstances have changed and wish to apply for re-entry permit for 2 years. Considering entering in a few months time to apply for permit. My questions are:

1. What work related reasons have people used that has gotten them approval?
E.g. Gaining more industry specific experience, eligible to transfer to US office after working 2 years - will those reasons be sufficient?

2. What work related reasons has been denied?

3. Do you need to supply proof of reasons when applying?

4. How long does it take from handing in the application to getting the biometrics appointment?

5. Can i leave the US after i hand in the form and come back for the biometrics? How long is the period between that?

6. Has anyone tried to expedite the process? What reasons did you use?

7. Has anyone successfully applied for re-entry permit, filed taxes every year, returned to US prior to expiry date BUT still got denied entry?

A lot of questions! Hopefully these will be helpful to other people with the same questions. Thanks in advance!