Re Entry Permit Renew/ Extend- Urgent

maewest416

I am living outside USA for the past 1.5 years. I have a Green Card and had taken a Re Entry Permit when I left USA in May 2005. Its been 1.5 years and it will expire in 6 months. My question is:

How can I get the Re Entry Permit Renewed or extended?
Can I do it from outside USA or I have to be within USA?
Do I have to show in my passport that I visited USA in the last 6 months or a year?
Also, is it possible to file for an extension of the re-entry permit after it expires or do you have to do it before it expires.

Pl this is very urgent.

maewest416 said:
I am living outside USA for the past 1.5 years. I have a Green Card and had taken a Re Entry Permit when I left USA in May 2005. Its been 1.5 years and it will expire in 6 months.
-----------be back in US BEFORE Reentry expires
My question is:

How can I get the Re Entry Permit Renewed or extended?
----------- when reach US file for new Reentry
Can I do it from outside USA or I have to be within USA?
------------In USA
Do I have to show in my passport that I visited USA in the last 6 months or a year?
-------------- Reentry permit is valid for 2 years from date of approval, be back before it expires at POE if they ask the passport show
Also, is it possible to file for an extension of the re-entry permit after it expires or do you have to do it before it expires.
----------- you need to be in US you can file before it expires or after it expires
Pl this is very urgent.

Thanks for the reply.
Had couple of more questions:
1. How long before the expiration date of Re Entry Permit do I need to enter USA? IS there any such requirement even if I enter 1 week before expiration is it OK?
2. The information on USCIS website says that u have to submit old re entry permit when applying for the new one if it has not yet expired. If applying 1 week or so before expiration, do we still need to submit the old re entry permit?
3. How long before expiration can u apply- what is the earliest u can apply for new re entry permit prior to expiration of the old one - can u apply say 6-9 months in advance or it has to be 1-2 months before?