Re-entry permit for multiple entries?

moseszhu

Registered Users (C)
I found the "Entry" on my re-entry permit is "1". Does this mean I can use re-entry permit for only ONE entry? I am planing to use the re-entry permits twice with 6-7 months apart, both are before the expiration time of the permit.

Anyone knows about this issue? Thanks a lot!

Is this your first RP? How long have you spent outside the US in the last 5 years? It could be a mistake that you need to have corrected at their expense.

Yes, this is my first re-entry permit starting from Jan 2010. I have been out of US for 14 months since Mar 2010. I just found this problem and I am going to US next month (Jun) for 2 weeks. And I am planing to go to US again at the end of this year before the expiration date for permit re-application. Do you think if there will be any problems when I go to US at the end of this year? Thank you.

If you arrive in and depart the US in June, your next entry to the US late this year will mean that you're arriving after an absence of 6 months or less. So even if they don't allow you to use the reentry permit again, you don't really need it anyway and they should let you enter with just the green card.