RE: Doing Business on B1/B2 / Getting H4 Status / Investment towards EB5 status

utekkare

Hi All,

I'm a businessman based in Mumbai, India. I have a 10 year B1/B2 visa issued in Oct 2004. I've been to the USA for work over 12-15 times in the last 9 years. Never stayed more than 3-4 weeks at a time.

My wife was transferred by her employer to Atlanta last November on H1B. She lives there permanently now.

I do my business in India but I have many US Clients. This requires me to travel back and forth.

I'm now building a new company that requires me to set up a US Corporation.

My question:

1. Can I set up a US Delaware C-Corp on a B1 Visa? I incorporated earlier in Florida twice but shut those companies down.

2. Can I set up a bank account in the USA, and receive funds from clients on a B1 Visa while I'm there?

3. My wife has the option of moving me to an H4 status which I'm not really excited about, given the restrictions. Is there a better way to run my business in the USA?

4. I will still be consistently travelling between the US and India / other countries for my work.

5. I also plan to work on and set up a software platform while I'm in the USA to pitch business to customers. I will be approaching VC firms to fund this company as well. Will Invested funds be counted towards an EB5 requirement?

Sorry I know these are a lot of questions but I'm just evaluating the best way forward. If it entails a lot of jumping through hoops I'd rather just be visiting my wife on a quarterly basis rather than go through the pain of a H4.

Thanks,
Pranay