• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Questions on Financial Statement

chimarsinau

Hi all,

I'm a DV 2014 winner and my interview is just around the corner. I'll most likely go to the interview with my bank statement that is a little short of 10k, which comes from many sources (and efforts) such as selling my car and contributions from my parents and relatives. I'm certain I'll be asked for a financial proof as I live in a developing country and have no employment history. I will not be able to prove that I have huge amount of cash sitting in my account for a long time, this 10k is saved during the (very) last minute. Is this an automatic visa denial material? Also, I attended college but didn't graduate, so the highest diploma I will bring is my high school's, and I'm in my early twenties.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but there are no clear stated official guidelines to this, I've been reading different suggestions in different websites, (sometimes it's 6k, sometimes it's 10k, sometimes people aren't even asked to prove any) so I'm asking here to hopefully have some people with similar experiences share them. But all suggestions are welcome! Wish me luck!

It depends on the CO and your whole package. Education money ur plan support etc. the whole picture and then there are poverty guidelines to consider.

The suggestions should never be $6k when it comes to those, as eucn says it is based on the poverty guideline which is just over $10k for a single adult. And again to support the above post, it depends on the whole package. You may have an issue in that (sorry for being blunt here but to try see this from a CO perspective) being a college dropout in your early 20s with no work experience, there is not much there to give him comfort that you are able and willing to do what you need to, to support yourself in the US. So apart from your bank statement, which may cause questions re how you got $10k without a job, you'll need a good story as to how you plan to support yourself in the US.