Questions on docs to include with family group application

For YOU:
Part A (phot pasted US passport Size)with copy of US passport and Indian passport, TWO copies of Residence proof in USA (Utility bill on your name and DL+ with part B+2 extra photos

For your Wife: Part- A (phot pasted US passport Size)with copy of US passport and Indian passport, TWO copies of Residence proof in USA (Utility bill and DL/ID )+ 2 Extra photo (Form B you can attach but not needed)

Child 1: PART- A,(phot pasted US passport Size) copy of US passport, Copy of birth certificate, Copy of PIO Card Notarized, Copy of your Indian and US passport + 2 extra photo (nothing wrong if you attach form B signed by you and your wife)

Child 2: PART- A, (phot pasted US passport Size)copy of US passport, Copy of Birth certificate, Copy of PIO Card Notarized, Copy of your Indian and US passport + 2extra photo+ (nothing wrong if you attach form B signed by you and your wife)

*** *Fees in one Bank cashier Check (your Fee $275+ your wife+275+ Child 1 $145+child 2 $145=
***You and your wife can self attest your copies but child PIO card should be notarized.
** make TWO sets for You, Your Wife, Kid1, Kid2

Write your address and Phone number,email on cover letter.

Ginnu,
There seems to be a discrepancy between your reply above and your post#14 (letter format to the embassy/consulate). In your reply above for the child1 &2 you mentioned "Copy of your Indian and US passport" (in red above). Is this referring to the parent's (AMIT & JAYA'S) Indian and US PPs? or that of Abhishek and ASHYARIA?

Where as there is no reference to that in your letter format for Abhishek and ASHYARIA

I don't want to flog a dead horse...but just wanted to ask...which one is correct??:)

thanks,
speedy

Last edited by a moderator:
Ginnu,
There seems to be a discrepancy between your reply above and your post#14 (letter format to the embassy/consulate). In your reply above for the child1 &2 you mentioned "Copy of your Indian and US passport" (in red above). Is this referring to the parent's (AMIT & JAYA'S) Indian and US PPs?
----Amit and Jaya Indian passport to show that Parent were Indian Citizen before they got US Citizenship.Abhishek Bachpan and ASHYARIYA BACHPAN US pappsport also need to be included with Part A of Abhishek Bachpan and with Part A of ASHYARIA BACHPAN as they are applying for OCI for them.

or that of Abhishek and ASHYARIA?

Where as there is no reference to that in your letter format for Abhishek and ASHYARIA

I don't want to flog a dead horse...but just wanted to ask...which one is correct??:)
----- you can correct the missing info.
thanks,
speedy
-------

Does the second set contain copy of the self-attested copy?, or is it a copy that you self-attest again & put it in a second set?

Same question applies to the application also. Are you signing the application again, or taking a copy of signed application?

And same question for notarized PIO!

Also, if the utility statement is not available on spouse's name, can we show credit card statement?

TIA.

Does the second set contain copy of the self-attested copy?

, or is
it a copy that you self-attest again & put it in a second set?
-----YES

Same question applies to the application also. Are you signing the application again
----Yes
, or taking a copy of signed application?

And same question for notarized PIO!
-----------------Get tow copies of PIO notarized and attach one Copy in First set and second copy in Second set.Also, if the utility statement is not available on spouse's name, can we show credit card statement?
--------- If you are Primary Applicant send copy of your DL and Copy of other Utility bill on your name and that is ok.
TIA.

Why are you posting in installments? Why you don’t read the instructions or read the threads?

Why are you posting in installments? Why you don’t read the instructions or read the threads?

ginnu, thanks a lot for your help on the forum. Truth be told, I have read almost everything on the forum. But at times, there have been mixed messages, or the text can be interpreted in any way. I am sorry if this is duplication. But questions arise as I am preparing my application. I am trying to get it right at first shot.

One more question: On second page of Part B do you write only Primary applicant's name (first, middle, last) or cram both adult's names in the tiny place? TIA.
I/We, ..................................do solemnly and sincerely declare that the foregoing

Also a tip for forum members: Do not forget to sign your US passport. I had forgotten. But spouse caught my mistake while she was overlooking the photocopies.

ginnu, thanks a lot for your help on the forum. Truth be told, I have read almost everything on the forum. But at times, there have been mixed messages, or the text can be interpreted in any way. I am sorry if this is duplication. But questions arise as I am preparing my application. I am trying to get it right at first shot.

One more question: On second page of Part B do you write only Primary applicant's name (first, middle, last) or cram both adult's names in the tiny place? TIA.
------- for 22 you will write your parents Or Brother Or Sister info in India
for 24 if you and your wife both are filing then write Your name and your wife name and both have to Sign. if Only you are filing then only your Name and Signature with date

Also a tip for forum members: Do not forget to sign your US passport. I had forgotten.
-----Passport without sinature is invalid.
But spouse caught my mistake while she was overlooking the photocopies.
-----------

Notarized copy of first 2 and last 2 pages of US/ foreign passport - Washington DC

Do I need to notoarize kids passport copies also along with my wife and mine? The above is one of the requirement in Embassy of India, DC. Any body any idea?

Thanks

I did not notarize anything. All self attested. Just got scanned, hopefully will go fine. Mine is NYC though.

I got copy of PIO notarized. Everything else was self-attested.

THis was for NY, and I got PIO notarized because their website says so.