• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Questions from OC selectee (AUSTRALIA)

ING

Hi all,

I am from Australia and have been selected with a OC5xx case numbers, I have a few questions with regards to the selection process and I was hoping the more experienced members can offer some help.

1. Assuming my actual date of birth is 4th July 1980, i have entered my initial electronic entry as 04/07/1980 because Australia's date format is dd/mm/yyyy. I have since discovered that the American date format is mm/dd/yyyy. This initially caused a lot of problems when i was trying to sign into the DS260 form because it kept saying the information I entered is incorrect.

I have since called KCC and they informed me that the information provided on the initial e entry does not match to DoB I provided to them over the phone. I have since figured out the error and was have been able to log into the DS260 form by putting in the 'wrong' DoB. The form is now completed with the correct DoB.

My question is, should I email KCC about this error or just leave it until the interview and then point it out to the officer on the day? Is that grounds for disqualification? It really was an honest mistake with the different date formats used in Australia compared to US.

2. I realised I have entered in all my degree qualifications but missed my high school certificate? Is there anyway to rectify this?

3. Do they need the exact start/finish dates for school/university/work? I know the months but I honestly cannot recall the exact dates of when I started/finished.

Really anxious.

Thanks

1) Not really sure. I'll defer to @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom on whether it makes a difference. However, one thing I can say is don't point it out unless asked in the interview. Indeed, don't volunteer any information during the interview unless asked. The interview is one where you only answer questions asked. Volunteering information is just... no.

2) You will need to email the KCC and ask them to unlock your DS260. That will take 2-3 days. You can then make the adjustment and resubmit.

3) Get the dates as close as you can.

I don't know...looking at a sample of the eDV form it has a drop down menu that says "select day” and " select month"...in the same order that the rest of the world does and not the US date convention, and moreover they spell the month out to avoid these issues. So I'm confused as to how this mistake happened tbh. In some countries this would be treated as suspicious, Australia of course has a low fraud rate at the embassy so I guess the OP may get away with it. It's hardly something they won't notice as everything has to match up though.

2 and 3 as per Emily.

Last edited:
Oh and...if they do ask about it don't use the excuse above as i am sure the consular officials are familiar with the forms and that the drop down menus have the months written out. The reason I checked on this was because I'd remembered that from my application, so it's definitely not something new.

I am kicking myself now because I just blown the perfect opportunity to work and live in the US because of a mistake with the DOB on the eDV form. I fit the eligibility criteria otherwise
:(

As I am looking to modify my DS260 form, is there a need to notify KCC this mistake through email or just state the wrong DOB when I email them?

Cheers

You know, it might not be a deal breaker. Make sure your DS260 is correct. If you can wear the cost of the medical and the application fee, why not try?

RELAXXXX!!!!!

The DOB thing is not a big deal. The background checks are based on the data in the DS260, so the fact that you corrected it there is good enough. It is also enough opportunity for them to search the database for duplicate entries if they feel it is suspicious. I doubt it will even come up at interview - if it does, just tell the truth. No big deal.