Questions about the preference for married/unmarried son/daughter

muddin1

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
I know if any U.S. citizen applies for his or her brother/sister, it takes more than 10 years. What about if a U.S. permanent resident( Green card holder) applies for his/her son/daughter? How long does it usually take for processing. Does anyone know what is the preference for married/unmarried son/daughter of a U.S. permanent resident?

JoeF

Any idea of the telephone number at FBI to check if our FP has been cleard ?

Thanks,.
Sanj02

No Title

What do you mean by " A PR can not sponsor married children over 21, only a US citizen can?" Can a PR apply for married children who are over 21? If yes, what category do they fall in?

What if the children are under 21 but married?

Sorry, one more questions; What if children are currently unmarried but later on get married before they are called for interview?
Thanks for your time and help. I really appreciate it.

No Title

What do you mean by " cannot sponsor?" Are you saying a PR cannot apply for married children? Let me know. Thanks.

permanent residents can apply.....

Permanent Residents may receive an approved I130 ONLY for their spouse and minor & unmarried children, Look at the visa bulletin for the approvable classifications: http://travel.state.gov. Second preference Visas are for: 2A: Spouse & Children, and 2B: Unmarried Sons & Daughters (over 21 years of age). Presently, there is an additional 4 year wait for 2B persons for all except those from Mexico. However, 2A persons may be eligible for the new V visa once the i-130 has been approved.