1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about the preference for married/unmarried son/daughter

Discussion in 'Archives' started by muddin1, May 29, 2002.

  1. muddin1

    muddin1 Registered Users (C)

    Hi everyone,
    I know if any U.S. citizen applies for his or her brother/sister, it takes more than 10 years. What about if a U.S. permanent resident( Green card holder) applies for his/her son/daughter? How long does it usually take for processing. Does anyone know what is the preference for married/unmarried son/daughter of a U.S. permanent resident?
  2. sanj02

    sanj02 Registered Users (C)


    Any idea of the telephone number at FBI to check if our FP has been cleard ?

  3. chrboy

    chrboy Registered Users (C)

    No Title

  4. muddin1

    muddin1 Registered Users (C)

    No Title

    What do you mean by " A PR can not sponsor married children over 21, only a US citizen can?" Can a PR apply for married children who are over 21? If yes, what category do they fall in?

    What if the children are under 21 but married?

    Sorry, one more questions; What if children are currently unmarried but later on get married before they are called for interview?
    Thanks for your time and help. I really appreciate it.
  5. muddin1

    muddin1 Registered Users (C)

    No Title

    What do you mean by " cannot sponsor?" Are you saying a PR cannot apply for married children? Let me know. Thanks.
  6. JohnR

    JohnR Registered Users (C)

    permanent residents can apply.....

    Permanent Residents may receive an approved I130 ONLY for their spouse and minor & unmarried children, Look at the visa bulletin for the approvable classifications: http://travel.state.gov. Second preference Visas are for: 2A: Spouse & Children, and 2B: Unmarried Sons & Daughters (over 21 years of age). Presently, there is an additional 4 year wait for 2B persons for all except those from Mexico. However, 2A persons may be eligible for the new V visa once the i-130 has been approved.

Share This Page