• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Questions about the DV lottery and documents required

You will need to take the sponsorship letter along with you when going for the interview. The form to use is the Affidavit of Support(I-134). Just tell your sponsor to fill that and send it to you. you will then have to take that to your interview.You can download the form from this website.

Hi Mykoko!
Can u explain the whole process of filing the Affidavit of Support(I-134). As far as I learnt that the sponsor needs to fill up the form and submit to the USCIS office along with the supporting documents for the verification.
Now my question is as follows:
1. Where is the USCIS office in Virginia(US)?
2. Once the I134 is submitted to the USCIS and after marking verified return them back to the sponsor so that the sponsor sends them back to me to my country.
3.Or the USCIS sends the document directly to the embassy of my home country.
4.Could you provide me with any links that explains all this?
thanx in advance

All your sponsor need to do is to complete the form I-134 and send it to you directly. There is no need to send it to USCIS for verification. Don't worry yourself to do the unneccessary - all those who have got their dv visas followed this process.

Hi bonno

i have the same situation like you. i need certificate of good conduct from ethiopia. but i am not currently living there.
So please let me know what you did in your case.

Thanks.

I think your question has been well answered in the Ghanaian thread.

Hi,
In my second letter, they didn't say anything about the affidavit of support I-134. and it is not part of the required documents listed in the letter.

1) is it normal that they dont mention it in the second letter?
2) do i still need it?

Hi,
In my second letter, they didn't say anything about the affidavit of support I-134. and it is not part of the required documents listed in the letter.

1) is it normal that they dont mention it in the second letter?
2) do i still need it?

In my second letter I was asked to submit financial documents. I submitted the Affidavit of support. It would be better if you get one than to be asked to submit one later
after your interview. During my interview there was a guy who didn't have an affidavit but got the visa, there was also another guy who didn't have
one and was asked to bring one at a later date. it depends on the consular who interviews you.

In my second letter I was asked to submit financial documents. I submitted the Affidavit of support. It would be better if you get one than to be asked to submit one later
after your interview. During my interview there was a guy who didn't have an affidavit but got the visa, there was also another guy who didn't have
one and was asked to bring one at a later date. it depends on the consular who interviews you.

Yes Mykoko, i think it all depends on the consular who interviews you. according to freind of mine, who has got his visa already he was not asked during the interview as well as in his second letter. and i heard if
you are single they dont focus on Affidavit of support.

Sorry to say your wrong...my friend had her interview this morning. Proof of 7 x the required funding and proof how long she had it in her account. Still they were asking where it came from and how long she had it and kept asking questions. They didn't ask for a I-134 but she ended up giving it and then they stopped the questions and stated "well we know for sure you won't apply for welfare"....