• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Questions about the DV lottery and documents required

I have one more question: where can i get the forms "of affidavit of support"
What does my sponsor has to do only fill out the the forms and send them? are there any other documents required ? If i have a sponsor do i still need to show my bank statement?

I should have said i have 4 questions instead of 1:p
Thanks again mykoko and everyone out there

Bonno your sponsor would have to fill the AOS and send them to you, you will have to present them at the consulate during your interview. It's not necessary to have an "Affidavit of support" and "Bank statement" at the same time,but there is also no harm in having both. What is your case number and when are you due for interview?
You can get the "Affidavit of support" (I-134) form and instructions from the websites listed below.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

My husband is the DV2010 winner. I have a question about police report. I used to live in Australia for several years attending university. Do I need to obtain Australia police certificate, even tho i am not the primary applicant??

Thanks for your input.

My husband is the DV2010 winner. I have a question about police report. I used to live in Australia for several years attending university. Do I need to obtain Australia police certificate, even tho i am not the primary applicant??

Thanks for your input.

Everyone included in the application for the dv visa needs to obtain a police clearance certificate from all the countries they have live for more than 6 months since the age of 16 years.

Hello,I want to know you views as to whether it's necessary for my sponsor to have the Affidavit of support Notarized.

Hello,I want to know you views as to whether it's necessary for my sponsor to have the Affidavit of support Notarized.

It is not required to have the AOS notarized, but there is no harm having it notarized,at least it makes it look more professional.

It is not required to have the AOS notarized, but there is no harm having it notarized,at least it makes it look more professional.

what do you mean by 'it make it looks more professional'? Are you saying the one that is not Notarized does not look professional.

You don't have to notorize it and it doesn't make it look more professional...the notary isn't going to check if the language used in the paper is true and by signing the paper the sponsor already is stating to have written the truth is responsible for his action by signing it. If the sponsor lied he can be prosecuted in a court of law.

For my country police certificate is not required. If I do not have any criminal record and military service, do I still need to get the prison/court or military certificate?

For my country police certificate is not required. If I do not have any criminal record and military service, do I still need to get the prison/court or military certificate?

mmasunny would be very glad if u could elaborate on your question more. What country are you from? The police certificate is always enough proof if you don't have any criminal records and law suits. With your situation you claim police certificates are not required in your country. I would advice you send an email to the US consulate in your country or KCC. They are the best people who can answer your question. Also edit your Signature.

You don't have to notorize it and it doesn't make it look more professional...the notary isn't going to check if the language used in the paper is true and by signing the paper the sponsor already is stating to have written the truth is responsible for his action by signing it. If the sponsor lied he can be prosecuted in a court of law.

bentlebee, I didn't mean to say un-notarized "Affidavit of Support" would not be accepted by the consulate. All I meant to say was it makes it valid.

what do you mean by 'it make it looks more professional'? Are you saying the one that is not Notarized does not look professional.

Sorry dvwinner2010,wrong choice of word there, I meant Notarized deed looks more valid than un-notarized ones. Notarized deeds prevent fraud and identity theft. The US embassy accepts Affidavit of Support whether notarized or un-notarized.

Hello, I am new to all these, and I would like to thank you for all the help, but I have some clarifications to help a relative.
1. Can Mykoko kindly clarify this. Say if you have lived in 4 countries more than 6 months since turning 16, you MUST submit police certificate for all these countries? Are you sure that is the requirement? Please add references to us to check.
2. Do you have to compulsorily go to your home country to process the GC? If you are studying for instance in another country, cant you process it from there?

Hello, I am new to all these, and I would like to thank you for all the help, but I have some clarifications to help a relative.
1. Can Mykoko kindly clarify this. Say if you have lived in 4 countries more than 6 months since turning 16, you MUST submit police certificate for all these countries? Are you sure that is the requirement? Please add references to us to check.
2. Do you have to compulsorily go to your home country to process the GC? If you are studying for instance in another country, cant you process it from there?

Raypower the requirement is to have police certificates from all countries you have lived in for 6 months or more since turning 16. Read the general requirements from the US department of state website below.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#military_records

To get instructions specific to your country then check the one below.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_3272.html

With regards to your second question you do not necessarily have to go to your home country to process the GC. The GC can be processed from any country that the United States has consular representation.

Raypower you can also introduce your relative to this forum. There's a lot he/she can learn from many of the threads that are found on this website.

hi yall
on my online application under middle name i put my middle name(one name) but on the the forums DS230 and DSP122 i put 2 middle names cause with the 1st NL they stated that under middle name you are should put all your names except your first and family name.
My interveiw is supposed to be on the 4th of OCT and they have all ready sent me the 2nd NL, but i didnt recive it yet. my qusetion is do i need to clear it up with the embassy right away or shall i just wait for the interveiw and see if it comes up.
THanks yall

hi yall
on my online application under middle name i put my middle name(one name) but on the the forums DS230 and DSP122 i put 2 middle names cause with the 1st NL they stated that under middle name you are should put all your names except your first and family name.
My interveiw is supposed to be on the 4th of OCT and they have all ready sent me the 2nd NL, but i didnt recive it yet. my qusetion is do i need to clear it up with the embassy right away or shall i just wait for the interveiw and see if it comes up.
THanks yall

All the names should show up on your Int. birth certificate so that should be clear.

Thanks alot bentlebee
as i have said my interveiw is 4/10/09. but i still didnt recive my 2nd nl. the Saudi police report here takes about 2-3 weeks to comeout. My question is, is there a way the embassy can give a police report request without the 2nd nl,to get a the police report.
and thanks again

Last edited by a moderator: