question

cybergod

Registered Users (C)
I'm in a situation right now- I along with my parents have been living in the United States for 12 years now and yet I still am not a 'citizen.' I started school here from grade 1, and am now about to complete 12th grade. Basically, my parents don't have all of their documents completed, and it might still be a while before they become citizens; although they are here legally-

I lived here more than I lived in the country that I was originally born in (5.5 vs 12). I could barely speak that language, nevertheless, survive there now. I was wondering if there is anyway I can speed up my own 'citizenship.' I heard of something called a 'student visa?' Can I somehow do this independently from my parents (and get my citizenship faster, as a result)? Can I get my 'citizenship' on my own- I am willing to do whatever it takes (join the military service, signed up for war, etc...). I think I owe something to this country for all that it has given me, to truly deserve 'citizenship' here.

I have 'okay' grades, and I attend a private school- I can be accepted in almost every college... however, that's not what I really want. I want to finally become a citizen of this country, and I want to do this independent from my parents and on my own merit.

I mean, if I was accidentally knocked out and then I woke up with no knowledge of who I am and where I'm from- they would have to assume I'm a born American. I have no accent, and I speak english fluently (better than most). What would they do?

Can I be adopted into a family, and get a citizenship that way? How would this work?

Well, whatever- thought I'd give it a shot. Most of the people in this specific forum seem to be well-rounded in all 'legal' aspects of the American life. Maybe you guys can help me out on this one, or suggest something.

I considered getting an attorney- but then I thought it would be a waste of money if there's nothing I can do... or is the consultation free? So I just want to get some basic information on how a 17 year old can become a citizen of this country, on his own-

I can't go into details publically as to why my parents have not yet received their documents, but if you'd like to help me- I will privately explain the situation.

the significance of this post was wasted on the incompetence that a fellow poster demonstated.

Last edited by a moderator:
and what basic information was it that i was seeking that i can find in the o' mighty google. what's the point of this forum in the first place, if you can basically 'google' up all this info. and if you have a problem with my handle, feel free to change it- it's the first thing that came to mind...i didnt know it meant so much.

the significance of this post was wasted on the incompetence that a fellow poster demonstated.

Oh man, what are you doing.... I have my parent's full consent on this. Notice, how you could have made that assumption on your own, seeing that you're soo good at it. Yes, you are.

My parents are willing to claim me as independent, but I believe you need to be 18 years of age for that. You don't even try to understand where I'm getting at. Please stop trashing my thread.

Oh, and just for your peace of mind- I've been living independently from my parents for years now, under the supervision of another legal guardian who I actually have to support. So please, enough of the bullshit- eh? What do you say, can we kiss and make up?

Oh, and listen- my grades are definitely none of your concern. so please, bugger off- dad. please.