Question Regarding J1 Residency Waiver Process

waealu

Hello,

This summer, my wife applied for a waiver to the J1 2-Year Residency requirement (on the basis of no objection). A favorable recommendation was granted on September 20, 2013 and was forwarded to USCIS. However, since then, we have not heard an update.

Last week, I contacted my senator to have his office look into the status of the case. This was the response they received from USCIS:

“Thank you for your inquiry regarding the J-1 Waiver of Foreign Residency issue presented by your constituent. Upon receiving a “No objection” letter from the Department of State, she should file form I-612, Application for Waiver of Foreign Residency Requirement, with USCIS. The California Service Center will process this form. Both the form I-612 and its filing instructions may be found on our website, www.uscis.gov.”

From my understanding, we didn't need to file I-612 for a no-objection waiver. Do we need to file with form (along with the $585 fee)?

Thank you

Transfer of J1 sponsor during waiver process

Good morning,

I have a doubt: After I start a process for Waiver of the Exchange Visitor Two-Year Home-Country Physical Presence Requirement based on “No Objection Statement”. Could I ask a transfer from my J1 for a new sponsor program?

Thank you,