1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question regarding citizenship form N14

Discussion in 'US Citizenship' started by Rp5, Jun 18, 2011.

  1. Rp5

    Rp5 New Member

    i applied for N400 in february28,2011 and i went to my interview May 18,2011 which didn't go too well because the officer needed some more document regarding my previous mariage that i mentioned in my asylum application years ago and i don't really have a marriage certificate because this was done years ago and i don't even know how to get a hold of that person because that person never been in the usa and i lost contact of them longtime ago. i do a have a divorce paper that person dropped to my family back overseas... do you think this will affect my case because the officer seems to get every evidence regarding this mariage eventhough i told them that i'm single now i never been married in the US...Please help me i only have few days to give the officer all the evidence before they can make a decision about my case.
  2. BigJoe5

    BigJoe5 Registered Users (C)

    So, you got asylum and that was the basis for LPR status?

    That natz officer is probably unaware of the difficulty of obtaining documents in the case of someone who had to run for their life. That officer is merely trying to get documents to justify what marital status to put on a natz certificate.

    Whatever was accepted in an approved asylum case carries a lot of weight as evidence in further immigration proceedings UNLESS later proven to be fraudulent. That officer seems unclear on that concept. Give what you have and explain the situation clearly.
  3. faysal

    faysal Registered Users (C)

    This is how it works: If you have ever married, you need to provide either marriage certificate or divorce degree. That is the law....In your situation, you need to get the divorce papers that you said you ex-wife dropped at your house. The USCIS is very lenient if you provide something...Make sure you provide the documentation...Without it you case is in jeopardy....good luck
  4. Rp5

    Rp5 New Member

    to Bigjoe5 yes i got assylum and two years later my green card and now five years after that i appliead for citizenship. and to faysal i will make sure i gave them the divorce document i have and thanks both for the help...

Share This Page