Question Regarding California Highway Patrol

john316

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone! I just moved here in California and currently filed for Adjustment of Status. Anyway, my question is....If you get caught by California Highway Patrol or COPS regarding moving or any other violation will they ask for your SSN? Coz I already have my Driver's License but dont have SSN declared thru DMV.

Please Advise.

Thanks a lot!

Explain how you got the DL and not have your SSN

What exactly do you mean by not having your SSN decleard by DMV ?

If you get stopped by a Cop , he should only ask for your DL and Registration in Texas yes they now ask for SSN as well not the card just the number , give it anyways and all they does with that is enter it on the Ticket , they don't have any access to verify if it is indeed on your DL record.

Are you say you have another SSN on your DL record ?

Ash

Thanks Ash! Appreciate the feedback!

Anyway here in California, if you dont have a SSN and applied for a CA-DL, you just have to sign one part of your DL Application form that you are not eligible for a SSN. My question is that if you get stopped for instance by COPS, would they be able to find out that you dont have a SSN when they run your DL through their police car computer?

Many thanks! :)

john316 said:
Hi Everyone! I just moved here in California and currently filed for Adjustment of Status. Anyway, my question is....If you get caught by California Highway Patrol or COPS regarding moving or any other violation will they ask for your SSN? Coz I already have my Driver's License but dont have SSN declared thru DMV.

Please Advise.

Thanks a lot!

I've lived in CA for over 15 years and I've been pulled over many times. (the last time was in August 2005) Always they (cops or CHP) asked for only 3 things: DL, Registration and Proof of Insurance. Nothing else, never-ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
john316 said:
Thanks Ash! Appreciate the feedback!

Anyway here in California, if you dont have a SSN and applied for a CA-DL, you just have to sign one part of your DL Application form that you are not eligible for a SSN. My question is that if you get stopped for instance by COPS, would they be able to find out that you dont have a SSN when they run your DL through their police car computer?

Many thanks! :)
John-They normally not suppose to request for SSN , only DL and P-of-I that's it , so don't worry just go about your way as normal .

They also can't see your SSN on there CPU since they only have access to your driving record only .

Ash