Question in N400 about prior spouse

LC66

Registered Users (C)
I am asking for help on filing a few questions about prior marriage in Part 8 Question G.

I had a prior marriage and my current wife is filing her N400. In Part 8 Question G, should she fill in my prior spouse(wife)'s family name? or what? I am wondering why my prior wife has anything to do with my current wife? Maybe I misunderstood the instruction.

Please advise!

Thanks

BLC

I am asking for help on filing a few questions about prior marriage in Part 8 Question G.

I had a prior marriage and my current wife is filing her N400. In Part 8 Question G, should she fill in my prior spouse(wife)'s family name? or what? I am wondering why my prior wife has anything to do with my current wife? Maybe I misunderstood the instruction.

Please advise!

Thanks

BLC

It's asking about your wife's current spouse, which is you, and your previous marriages. They are asking the name of your prior spouse(s) and immigration status.

Last edited by a moderator:
LC66,

USCIS is asking about the spouses (prior and present) of the applicant. In this case the prior spouse means if your wife has any other husband/s before you were married to her.

Good Luck.

Please advise!

Thanks

BLC

Part 8 Question G, is pertains to the applicant's present wife or husband's past marriage/s information.

Please advise!

Thanks

BLC

Yes, in Part 8, Question G, your wife should record your former wife's information.

Thanks for the replies. I think in the case of my current wife N400, Part 8 Question G is asking for my ex-wife name and information of that prior marriage between me and my ex-wife.

Hope I am getting this right and it helps others with similiar situation.

Many thanks

BLC

Thanks for the replies. I think in the case of my current wife N400, Part 8 Question G is asking for my ex-wife name and information of that prior marriage between me and my ex-wife.

Hope I am getting this right and it helps others with similiar situation.

Many thanks

BLC

Yes, that is correct.