Question from 35-years legal Resident

Snoopy329

I have been a legal resident of 35 years. I know, why haven't I become a citizen already. I have no excuse. Actually, I did apply for citizenship when I was 26 years old, living in Florida. When I moved to Arizona, I updated all that information and I never heard back from Immigration. I've been bus just trying to survive.

Anyways, I am guessing I need to reapply now. I live in North Dakota and, I was wondering if there is some fast track program for someone like me who has been a resident for so long or would I have to go the "standard" route like everybody else. I have no military involvement directly or indirectly, wife and kids are all US citizens.

Thx in advance.

There is no "fast track" options based on being a long-term permanent resident. However there are exemptions and relaxations available for the English and Civics test if you are over a certain age and have been a permanent resident for more than a certain number of years (starting at 55 years old and 20 years with a green card or something like that).