Question for JoeF or anyone that have info.

IMMIG2002

Registered Users (C)
JoeF,
I understand that you\'re a SW Engineer (BTW: I\'m a Systems Engr.) and not a lawyer.

But let me preset to you and to everyone else my case:
My sister is a US citizen. She applied for my mother to immigrate to the US. I have one sister that lives with my mother and who has just turned 20. If you are familiar with form I-130 (http://www.ins.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-130.htm ). Well, she filed it out for my mother and her very smart husband filled it out and thought he knew all the answers to every question. He did not correctly complete section D, question 1. He left it blank. He could\'ve applied for my sister from there. And he also put in N/A under Section C (Continued). So basically they sent out the application for my mother only.

Now everything else went smooth and my sister got a notice that my mother has been approved and that processing of her case has been transferred to the US embassy in her home land. They also included a from for my mother to fill out called DS-230. Basically it\'s Biographic info about her. Under one of the sections in that form there is two questions as follows:
1) Who will immigrate with you to the US?
2) Who will immigrate after you come to the US?

I called a lawyer and did a free consultation and she said that it was a dumb thing he did not put in my sister\'s name at the time of the first application. And said to put her name down under question 1 and give it a shot hopefully they will understand.

Finally to my questions, what are the chances of her being able to come with my mother when she gets called in by the local US embassy there? What can we do to have her come with my mother giving the fact that she is truly a dependent on my mother?

I thank you all for taking the time to read this "newspaper case" and for any input that might help us.

No Title

Even if you put her name on the application she cant join your mother
in immigrating at the time the mother is called.reason for that is your mother falls under immediate family category and your sister not.if your sister is under 21 yrs of age, your mother can file under F2A (waiting about5 years)category after getting the PR Status and while waiting for that if she passes 21, it automatically changes to F2B,which has more waiting time (about 8 years).i have gone through the same process even though it was a while back.this is not a legal advice and things might have changed in the recent past.good luck.