Question about the Statement of Reason (waiver based on no objection statement)

matiasz

Registered Users (C)
I'm applying for the Waiver based on the the No-Objection statement.

The application asks to write "A statement demonstrating why the exchange visitor is eligible to receive a waiver".

Is it enough to say: "Im eligible because I didn't received any funding for any US agency or any agency from my country and because my country has no objection with my no-returning (as it is stated in no objection letter that has been sent)?"

Thanks.

Thats the main reason for sure but wud be advisable to include other reasons like 'staying in US wud help u meet the real intention of ur J1 prog.', u may also include ur achievements during ur stay on J1.

i'm gonna write a statement of reason too. My reason to get a No Objection Statement from my home country embassy is that I married a USC. Should I state the same reason in DS3035 or should I write as you guys recommended above? Thanks

Thats a great question. Bcos I far as I knew, if u r marrying a USC, u shld apply for waiver based on hardhip to a USC not 'No Objection'. But professionals in this field may anwer ur question. Cud be possible.

We actually hired an attorney to work on hardship waiver but my husband is in good health and we don't have any children. Therefore, the attorney suggested us that we had better try NOS. Since it's difficult for me to find an employer, it's the only reason I can get NOS from my home country. However, I've no idea what I should say in the statement of reason. Please help....Thanks a lot

Mrs. Fouquet said:
We actually hired an attorney to work on hardship waiver but my husband is in good health and we don't have any children. Therefore, the attorney suggested us that we had better try NOS. Since it's difficult for me to find an employer, it's the only reason I can get NOS from my home country. However, I've no idea what I should say in the statement of reason. Please help....Thanks a lot

Go through this link, I also had problem like u r having, but members of this forum r very helpful. I m sure through this link u wud be able to make a great statement of reason.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=233042&highlight=statement+reason

Good luck.