Question about the Alien Registration Number

LeonSK

I have my US immigrant visa but i didn't yet travelled to the US, i remember posting a picture of my visa to a friend who wanted to see my immigrant visa, on the picture he can clearly see informations like Name, date of birth, passeport number and also Case number, and Alien Registration Number.

If someone has my Alien Registration Number, can they do anything bad with that information?

Should I be worried if I think someone might have that information? Can they know or access my Social Security Number when i'll have one it the US? Or acces my banking information with that number ?

Thanks for your responses.

Last edited:
I have my US immigrant visa but i didn't yet travelled to the US, i remember posting a picture of my visa to a friend who wanted to see my immigrant visa, on the picture he can clearly see informations like Name, date of birth, passeport number and also Case number, and Alien Registration Number.

If someone has my Alien Registration Number, can they do anything bad with that information?

Should I be worried if I think someone might have that information? Can they know or access my Social Security Number when i'll have one it the US? Or acces my banking information with that number ?

Thanks for your responses.

The immigrant visa is usually valid for a short period of time but you should not share this information with anyone. I would advise you contact the U.S. embassy in your country for further advise. Here is a link as well for information related to SSN https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10064.pdf , since in the future you will have one

Thank you.

Yeah i should ask if someone can get my SSN or others informations with the Alien Registration Number. I'm very worried about it...

Thank you.

Yeah i should ask if someone can get my SSN or others informations with the Alien Registration Number. I'm very worried about it...

I don't think they can but you can contact your local U.S. Embassy for further advise on this. Congrats on your approval and relocation to the U.S.